[comp.sys.apple2] BASIC disassembly info wanted...

randy@tessa.iaf.uiowa.edu (randy frank) (08/06/90)

	I am looking for a disassembly (or at least a partial diss aka
beneath apple dos) of Applesoft Basic and BASIC.SYSTEM.  I've got a new
idea an I have to see if it is feasible...  Anyone with such a document
(especially machine readable form) or with pointers to such a document
please E-mail me at the enclosed address.  This is the Apple //e enhanced
Basic I'm talking about.  None of that fancy new stuff...
	Also for those interested in UNIX based //e emulators I've got
one running as an 128k enhanced apple //e on a Silicon Graphics workstation.
(and on an IBM RS6000)  There is both a basic curses version and a
graphics version supporting color LORES and B/W HIRES (sorry no DHGR yet).
After I get it running under AUX and I clear up a few speed problems I
should be able to post it (I certainly hope I can!  Unless certain people
from above put a nix on the stuff...).

--
rjf.
Randy Frank, Engineer                       |  (319) 335-6712

throoph@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Henry Throop) (08/06/90)

In article <2044@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> randy@tessa.iaf.uiowa.edu (randy frank) writes:

>	I am looking for a disassembly (or at least a partial diss aka
>beneath apple dos) of Applesoft Basic and BASIC.SYSTEM.

I think Roger Wagner's Merlin assembler still comes with a program
that generates a complete commented disassembly of Applesoft.
I haven't seen any disassemblies of BASIC.SYSTEM - Doms' and Weishaar's
book on ProDOS (I forget the name - _Inside ProDOS_?) has the most
information on BASIC.SYSTEM that I've seen, though.

>randy@tessa.iaf.uiowa.edu                   |  Iowa City, IA 52242

Henry
---
Henry Throop
Internet: throoph@jacobs.cs.orst.edu

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) (08/14/90)

In article <2044@ns-mx.uiowa.edu>, randy@tessa.iaf.uiowa.edu (randy frank) writes:

> 	I am looking for a disassembly (or at least a partial diss aka
> beneath apple dos) of Applesoft Basic and BASIC.SYSTEM.  I've got a new
> idea an I have to see if it is feasible...  Anyone with such a document
> (especially machine readable form) or with pointers to such a document
> please E-mail me at the enclosed address.  This is the Apple //e enhanced
> Basic I'm talking about.  None of that fancy new stuff...
> --
> rjf.
> Randy Frank, Engineer                       |  (319) 335-6712
> University of Iowa, Image Analysis Facility |  73 EMRB
> randy@tessa.iaf.uiowa.edu                   |  Iowa City, IA 52242

I have a book called Inside the Apple //c by Gary Little. The book
is indispensible. One of the many things that it does a very good job
at is explaining and giving entry points for Applesoft. I haven't seen
the //E version but I'm sure it would be similar. The posts concerning
using the //c's serial ports could be solved with this book too. (except
for the part about using a modem from basic. The book did help me to
understand why I wasn't getting anywhere though.

*   bob church  bchurch@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu                       *
*  If economics isn't an "exact" science why do computers crash    *
*  so much more often than the stock market?                       *
*                                          bc                      *