[comp.sys.apple2] GS Soundsmith0.94

heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) (08/09/90)

I just downloaded Soundsmith0.94 and thought the Intro music and
screen was great.  However that was as far as I could get.  Mouse
or escape just froze everything up.  The previous version of
Soundsmith works fine.  I have 2 meg ram and Rom 03; latest
system 5.  Any ideas?
HDM

jearls@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (JaXoN) (08/10/90)

heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) says:
>I just downloaded Soundsmith0.94 and thought the Intro music and
>screen was great.  However that was as far as I could get.  Mouse
>or escape just froze everything up.  The previous version of
>Soundsmith works fine.  I have 2 meg ram and Rom 03; latest
>system 5.  Any ideas?
>HDM

I noticed that on my system (Rom 01, 2.25mb), SoundSmith didn't seem to like
the 'CarpetBag' NDA.  It displays the title screen and starts the theme
music, then crashes (interesting because the theme music will play the entire
way through, even if I reboot through the monitor without booting GS/OS).

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

-- John

      jearls@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU        | delete any person you can.

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (08/10/90)

heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) writes:

>I just downloaded Soundsmith0.94 and thought the Intro music and
>screen was great.  However that was as far as I could get.  Mouse
>or escape just froze everything up.  The previous version of
>Soundsmith works fine.  I have 2 meg ram and Rom 03; latest
>system 5.  Any ideas?

Is Tool032 installed on your boot disk?

All of the known SoundSmith problems (to me, anyway) cause either bona fide
crashes into the monitor or system failure screens.

Where did you get your copy of .94 (i.e. might it be corrupted) ?

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

shatara@islnds.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (08/14/90)

In article <26c1b462.81c@petunia.CalPoly.EDU>, jearls@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (JaXoN) writes...

>heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) says:
>>I just downloaded Soundsmith0.94 and thought the Intro music and
>>screen was great.  However that was as far as I could get.  Mouse
>
>I noticed that on my system (Rom 01, 2.25mb), SoundSmith didn't seem to like
>the 'CarpetBag' NDA.  It displays the title screen and starts the theme
>
>Anyone else noticed anything like this?

    I had the same problem.  Tracked the problem down to old versions of
    a couple of the tools. (Reason to use the installer!). Then all worked
    fine.  Also watch out for the NDA's.  It's getting harder and harder
    to find NDA's that are Bullet Proof!

|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@islnds.enet.dec.com|
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: islnds::shatara            |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!islnds!shatara  |