[comp.sys.apple2] still looking for SCSI Hacker

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL (08/11/90)

I've now convinced myself I can't find SCSI Hacker anywhere.  (There is
a copy on husc6, but unbinscii gives a CRC error -- says file is
damaged.)

I've looked there, wuarchive, plains, umich, and caltech.

I did find Tim Grams HDFormat, but that doesn't seem to work with the
new DMA card.  No matter whether I have DMA on or off, TWGS fast or
slow, it gives me a SCSI 21 error.  (The Apple utility that came with
the card dos work, although I haven't the slighest idea what interleave
it uses.  It did double the linear read speed from what it came with; I
suspect there is still more to gain since it still doesn't matter
whether DMA is on or off.

TMPLee@dockmaster.ncsc.mil

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (08/11/90)

>I've now convinced myself I can't find SCSI Hacker anywhere.

If you don't mind paying long distance...  You can call Pro-GSPlus.
the number is (615) 875-4607.  The is the bulletin board that accompanies
the magazine + disk, "GS+".  This number is local to Chattanooga, TN.
They also have DiskTimer (weren't you the one looking for that too?).

garym@pro-fishunt.cts.com (Gary McClain) (08/14/90)

On my BBS I have Vanilla Hard Drive. Although I've not tried it I've been told
it does work and is better than HDFormat and others. I do NOT know if it works
with the New SCSI DMA card. If anyone can answer these questions we'll figure
out how to get a copy to you.

 ProLine: garym@pro-fishunt
Internet: garym@pro-fishunt.cts.com
    UUCP: crash!pro-fishunt!garym