[comp.sys.apple2] Non-SHRConvert SHR GIF converters

UD041948@NDSUVM1.BITNET (08/14/90)

Someone (was it Todd?) mentioned another GIF converter other than Jason
Harper's SHRConvert v2.1.  I know about IIGIF, but I'd like to know if
there are other super hi-res converters that are faster.
-------
  Joe Carlin (FWA)        Don't Panic!        ud041948@ndsuvm1.bitnet
 "We have to go save the Universe, you see," said Ford, "and if that
  sounds like a pretty lame excuse, then you may be right.  Either
  way we're off."  - Ford Prefect, Life, the Universe, and Everything

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (08/14/90)

In article <4487UD041948@NDSUVM1> UD041948@NDSUVM1.BITNET writes:
>Someone (was it Todd?) mentioned another GIF converter other than Jason
>Harper's SHRConvert v2.1.  I know about IIGIF, but I'd like to know if
>there are other super hi-res converters that are faster.

Well, the short answer is that there aren't any avaliable YET. I'm working
on one, John MacLean has finished one for The Graphic Exchange, and Ron
Dippold is working on a nice one, too. I would think that by the end of
the year, there 'll be more GIF converters than you know what to do with.
Also, SHRConvert 3.0 is supposed to be coming out in as a commercial program,
and he might havew taken it upon himself to speed up the routine, sothat
he has some hope of competing with   these other programs. For instance, the
program you mention above could supposedly deGIF a picture in about 1/3rd the
time of SHR Convert, and it was written in BASIC & ML!

>  Joe Carlin (FWA)        Don't Panic!        ud041948@ndsuvm1.bitnet

Jonah Stich