[comp.sys.apple2] Minnesota/Oklahoma connection

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (08/06/90)

Alright Matt! My fiance is from Minn. & I'm an Okie! You score two bonus
points on the nifty scale!

One question though: I've not seen that many Scandies in OK. I'm from Tulsa,
now living in Boston. Where were all of the Scandinavians? (I did seem ooodles
of them in MN when I visited the fiance's parents.)

In article <7015.apple.net@pro-angmar> kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) writes:

>One question though: I've not seen that many Scandies in OK. I'm from Tulsa,
>now living in Boston. Where were all of the Scandinavians? (I did seem ooodles
>of them in MN when I visited the fiance's parents.)

Unfortunately, there's legalized and systematic discrimination against those of
Scandanavian origin in Tulsa county, so it's no wonder you couldn't find any
of them.

You can occassionally see some on the outskirts of Bartlesville, late on weekend
nights, if you don't shine the light directly on them.

(A similar situation occurs in Pushmataha county in the southern part of the
state, but is historically unrelated.)

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (08/08/90)

I hope you are kidding about the 'systematic discrimination against those of
Scandanavian origin'.

Seriously, it is good to see an Oklahoma/Minnesota guy at Apple. Makes me have
a little hope for the company ;-)

Ever float the Illinois river? Next time you get to OK, you should if you
haven't yet. Nice peaceful day activity.

mark@DRD.Com (Mark Lawrence) (08/15/90)

mattd@Apple.COM (Matt Deatherage) wrote:
} Unfortunately, there's legalized and systematic discrimination against those of
} Scandanavian origin in Tulsa county, so it's no wonder you couldn't find any
} of them.

Of course a vicious, scurrilous rumour with no foundation in truth
whatsoever.  Everybody knows that one *has* to be of Scandia origin to be
fair enough to get the back of the neck sun-burned just so, in order to
be socially acceptable here-abouts.
:-}
--
Mark _Ericsson_ Lawrence (a current maven of Tulsa, OK)