[comp.sys.apple2] Info-Apple vs. comp.sys.apple2

MORAGUES%CCV.MFENET@CCC.NERSC.GOV (08/16/90)

Hi everybody -

I'm relatively new to the network scene.  I was just wondering if there was
any difference between the info-apple@apple.com mailing list and the
comp.sys.apple2 newsgroup.  I have noticed that many of the postings are
identical.  Which one should I keep, and which should I discard.

Thanks for your advice

Bob Moragues

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (08/16/90)

In article <900815102404.2020095d@CCC.NERSC.GOV> MORAGUES%CCV.MFENET@CCC.NERSC.GOV writes:
>I'm relatively new to the network scene.  I was just wondering if there was
>any difference between the info-apple@apple.com mailing list and the
>comp.sys.apple2 newsgroup.  I have noticed that many of the postings are
>identical.  Which one should I keep, and which should I discard.

They're supposed to be gatewayed to each other (i.e., are essentially
the same).  If you get USENET news then that would probably be better
than maintaining a separate entry in the mailing list.