[comp.sys.apple2] DMA Compatible Ram Card For GS

root@generic.UUCP (System root user) (08/15/90)

   A certain individual has a new SCSI REV "d" card, and is looking for
an upgrade of memory to 1.25 megabytes.  If anyone knows of, or is selling,
a DMA Compatible Ram Card, for the Apple //GS, will you please get right
back to me at one of the following addresses (in order of preference):

marekp@contact.uucp
root@aunix.uucp
marekp@pnet91.uucp
marekp@generic.uucp

Thank-you.  I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible..

--Marek Pawlowski

In article <9008150007.aa11239@generic.UUCP> root@generic.UUCP (System root user) writes:

>   A certain individual has a new SCSI REV "d" card...

This is how rumors get started.

There is NO "Rev. D" SCSI card.  There is the "Apple II High Speed SCSI Card"
which uses 1 MB/sec DMA, and there is the older "Apple II SCSI Card" which went
through several ROM revisions, the last of which was Revision C.  You must have
Revision C on the older card to use it with GS/OS, any version.

The new card is *not* simply a revision to the older one and can't be called
"Rev. D".  We usually call it the "DMA SCSI Card" (well, actually we usually
use it's old code name, but we do that with lots of stuff).

Just trying to prevent me getting lots of mail asking for Rev. D ROMs before
this gets too far (some people think such requests are dandy pieces of personal
mail, it seems.  :(  )

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."

dalel@servio.UUCP (Dale LaFountain) (08/18/90)

Marek: I tried to send mail to you, but it bounced from all of your listed
locations.  So here goes:

In article <9008150007.aa11239@generic.UUCP>, root@generic.UUCP (System root user) writes:
> an upgrade of memory to 1.25 megabytes.  If anyone knows of, or is selling,
> a DMA Compatible Ram Card, for the Apple //GS, will you please get right
> back to me at [...deleted]

Yes!  I do know someone who is interested in selling some RAM.  I have a friend
who is purchasing a GS Sauce card this week, so will not be needing his Apple
Expansion Card any longer.  It is fully populated with 1 meg (1.25m if you
count the 256k on the motherboard).

Are you interested in the whole board, or just the chips?  I'm sure he would
be willing to sell the whole board, but I dunno if he would want to part with
the chips separately.

If anyone else knows someone who is interested in purchasing an Apple
Expansion card, please let me know, as I want to upgrade my memory as well.
I just need an excuse, like "Well, somebody bought my old memory, dude!"

> Thank-you.  I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible..
You're welcome.  Is this fast enough?

> --Marek Pawlowski

Dale LaFountain
dalel@servio.SLC.COM

marekp@contact.UUCP (Marek Pawlowski) (08/18/90)

Re: Matt "flames" the Revision "d".

I wish I even knew what all this meant!  A certain user in our user group told
me the exact same things, and so, I posted them.  Sorry if I screwed up! :)

Re: Dale

I'll get in touch with you soon..

              Marek Pawlowski
   root@aunix.uucp     "In official order       |Intelligent Twist Software
   marekp@contact.uucp  of preference, please   |250 Harding Blvd.
   marekp@generic.uucp  send any mail to the    |P.O.  Box 32017
   marekp@pnet91.uucp   addresses listed here"  |Richmond Hill, Ontario
        University of Nowhere Special           |L4C 9M7, CANADA

"Send lawsuits, complaints, grudges, flames, sacrificial animals, and
 court orders to the addresses listed below:"