[comp.sys.apple2] GSOS latest version?

gerardo@wpi.wpi.edu (Gerardo Leute) (08/20/90)

What's the latest available version of GSOS?  And where is the version number
to be found?  (press space bar during boot and look in the text that's shown?
I get something 2.0)

Where could I get a newer version? And how much is it? (don't need the books)

Thanks!

--
Gerardo Leute			"Home is where the heart lies,
   				 but when the heart lies, where is home?"

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (08/20/90)

In article <14551@wpi.wpi.edu> gerardo@wpi.wpi.edu (Gerardo Leute) writes:

>What's the latest available version of GSOS?  And where is the version number
>to be found?  (press space bar during boot and look in the text that's shown?
>I get something 2.0)

Well, I've got v3.02 here. It came with my new DMA SCSI card. 3.01 comes (I
think) with every copy of 5.0.2. Ya, the versin number can be found when
holding down the spacebar during boot. It'll say something like: "Welcome
to the world of GS/OS v03.02"

>Where could I get a newer version? And how much is it? (don't need the books)

Any authorised Apple dealer SHOULD copy the disks for free, as long as you
supply the disks. If you wt the manual, it's about $0 for the whole package.
Also, free copies can be had from most major online services (AOL, GEnie,
CompuSpend, etc.) Maybe it'll show up on Apple's ftp site one day? :)

>Gerardo Leute			"Home is where the heart lies,

Jonah Stich