[comp.sys.apple2] Video 7 Inc. gone under?

greggy@torag.uucp (Greg Tsoutsas) (08/16/90)

A friend gave me a Colour Enhancer for my Apple //c, however, what he didn't
give me was the utilities disk for the Enhancer. The phone number on the back
of the manual is out of service, leading me to believe the company is no more.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there another source that could provide me with
the utilities disk? Thanks.

Greg (greggy@torag.uucp)

jgieske@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John Erik Gieske) (08/20/90)

In article <1990Aug15.221726.4813@torag.uucp> greggy@torag.uucp (Greg Tsoutsas) writes:

>A friend gave me a Colour Enhancer for my Apple //c, however, what he didn't
>give me was the utilities disk for the Enhancer. The phone number on the back
>of the manual is out of service, leading me to believe the company is no more.
>
>Can anyone confirm this? Is there another source that could provide me with
>the utilities disk? Thanks.
>
>Greg (greggy@torag.uucp)

I am in pretty much the same boat as you!  I found a Mockingboard D for my
IIc, and would like the utilities disk, and some of the development software.
I haven't seen any products released from the company in many years, and the
phone number is out of service, too.  Can anybody help ?

John Gieske

INTERNET: jgieske@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
USMail  : Sierra Madre #32B  Cal Poly
	  San Luis Obispo, CA  93410-2000

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (System Administrator) (08/22/90)

Video 7 Inc. is still in business.  They have dropped thier Apple // line of
products and no longer support them.  You can get thier current number by
dialing 1-800-555-1212 and asking for Video 7 Inc.  If you need some of their
products, I have a few still in the shrink wrapping for low prices.  Color
enhancers for the //c - $40 each, Screen Enhancers for the //c and //e are $20
each.  These are in Shrink-wrapped original boxes and have never been opened.

If you call them, they will probably refer you to me as I called them recently
and asked them about these items as I have about 20 of them that a friend of
mine gave to me to get rid of (he used to run a mail order business and wanted
to get rid of some hardware).  So, they are here for the taking.

They took my number down and said they would refer people looking for these
items to me as they no longer have any.

You can call me at 908/560-7353 if you are interested in any of these items.

-- Bob
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 90 20:05:02 EDT
Ppath: pro-exchange!pro-sol!pro-lep!syslep
From: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury)
To: syslep@pro-lep
Subject: Re: Quarterly Posting [of modification listing]

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jezz..I was getting very depressed about this listing and the hours I spend
verifying modifications, repacking them into easy unparable files and even
writing manuals for some of them and then shrinking them (and soon to BINSCII
them) not to mention keeping track of revisions and the database.

Seems just a few vocal people with "Don't do this" attitudes prevail in most
cases.  I have received a few responses in favor of the quarterly "full"
listing and that has helped.  I was about this " " close to just discontinuing
the proline mods archives and saying the heck with it.  Your support has made
me feel a bit better.  Be prepared for a lengthy rebuttal from Rich (Self
Appointed Net Traffic Watcher) soon.  <grin>

-- Bob

PS: The transfer time came in at 3 minutes over AT&T.  Reachout America clocks
in at $6.70 per hour and the cost per message is $.33.  That's $1.32 for the
whole year.  I think the Modification Listing and Archives are worth $1.32 per
year..don't you?  And Morgan (who seems to be on the "other" side has
requested items from the archives himself...and it was just after I posted the
listing...hmmm.

________ Pro-Graphics BBS - It's better than a sharp stick in the eye! ________

InterNet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com          |  Pro-Graphics: 908/469-0049
    UUCP: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl          |        CServe: 70347,2344
ARPA/DDN: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil |  Amer. Online: Graphics3D
            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854