[comp.sys.apple2] Help!! Please!

kevinc@cs.athabascau.ca (Kevin Crocker) (08/21/90)

Hi all, my kids just received a present from their grandmother --
an Apple IIe.  Problem:  I know absolutely nothing about these
machinesbut have managed to determine that I don't have a monitor cable
and a boot disk.

Where can I get this stuff?  Is the cable a special deal or can I pick
one up at a local electronics store, i.e Radio Shack?

Also, how do I go about getting software for this beast?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Kevin
--
Kevin "auric" Crocker Athabasca University
UUCP: ...!{alberta,ncc,attvcr}!atha!kevinc

tomk@pro-sol.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (08/22/90)

If the monitor is a composite type, you can use a RCA cable (same type used to
connect stereo components).  The best source of a system disk would be either:
Apple Dealer (expensive) or a user group (cheap).  You can also get a copy of
the disk from another person who has a ][e.   The disk is not copy protected.
Depending what you intend to do with the computer, you may not really need the
disk at all.   Most programs are "stand alone".
If you need more info, send me E-Mail.