[comp.sys.apple2] Init order GS/OS

heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) (08/23/90)

This message is empty.

heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) (08/23/90)

Problems in getting this message through!  I'm interested in
seeing how I may change the init order for system setup files
under GS/OS;  I thought it was alphabetical.  I'm planning to
load in some new desktop pics for younger students.
Any ideas?
heather mayor

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (08/23/90)

heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) writes:

>Problems in getting this message through!  I'm interested in
>seeing how I may change the init order for system setup files
>under GS/OS;  I thought it was alphabetical.  I'm planning to
>load in some new desktop pics for younger students.

I believe it is the order in the directory itself, i.e. not sorted in any way,
but in the same order you get when you CAT or CATALOG from BASIC.SYSTEM and
various P8 disk utilities (including copy II+ and shrinkit).

Copy II+ used to have an 'alphabetize catalog' option that would set the
directory order to alphabetical order (which is just what you want), however
be careful as I have heard reports that Cdev.Init does something idiotic to the
lower 20 lines of the screen in order to erase icons (WHY?? Dave, please tell
us what the deal is here!!).

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu