[comp.sys.apple2] Apple Hardware wanted

UD182050@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Mike Aos) (08/21/90)

I want to set my sisters up with a computer.  I have a IIgs myself and I'd
MUCH rather go with another GS than a IIe, but IIe's are SO much cheaper I
guess I'll aproach this with an open mind.  I've got a 3.5" drive, 5.25"
drive and possibly an Apple 1M memory card I can donate so I mainly need
this....IIgs CPU, monitor (prefer RGB but I don't know if I can afford it),
keyboard (not essential but another one can't hurt), mouse (again I could
deal with not having a mouse if the price was low enough), and an ImageWriter
II (but something else would prolly suffice).  The main thing here is cost.  I
just don't have much to spend at any one time.  I get paid weekly and I could
prolly afford $100 week so I plan on doing this in steps.

P.S. I'm open to misc IIe suggestions.  I've seen IIe's with 2 5.25" drives
locally and on the net for $150...which is more my price range but I don't
really WANT a IIe.

tomk@pro-sol.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (08/22/90)

If you can get a ][e for $150.00 w/2 drives, grab it fast .
That is a great deal.
I really doubt you will find a good one at that price!

khorster@pro-graphics.cts.com (Karl Horster) (08/24/90)

        I hope you don't plan on buying it new...I got mine pretty well loaded
for about 1500....and that was cheap, with modem, Transwarp, 3.5, 5.25, 1.5
megs, monitor, CPU, System Saver....Just look around for a good used
one...it's easier than buying it new....and cheaper....America Online has a
good classifieds if your on there or know someone on there...

 ProLine: khorster@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!khorster
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!khorster@nosc.mil
Internet: khorster@pro-graphics.cts.com