[comp.sys.apple2] Apple sources

mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com (Mike Ungerman) (08/22/90)

First of all, find your local Apple Users' Group.  Call Apple's hot line at
1-800-538-9696 to find the nearest group to you.

Yes, any standard hi-fi type cable with RCA plugs at each end will work. Radio
Shack has them.

An Apple Users' Group will have lots of public domain and shareware disks at
low prices.  Also, get Incider and Nibble magazines from your local newstand
and you will see lots of inexpensive software available for sale.  Especially
those listed in Nibble.

Get on an Apple bbs, whether locally or long distance.  They will have
software available for downloading.  Also, via the network you are currently
on, you can get software from "FTP" sites. Brown University has an extensive
collection of public domain software.

Good luck!
Mike Ungerman                      |Proline:mikeu@pro-magic
Pro-Magic BBS: 407-366-0156        |uucp:crash!pnet01!pro-magic!mikeu
300/1200/2400/9600 Baud 24hrs      |arpa:crash!pnet01!pro-magic!mikeu@nosc.mil
Apple Tree of Central Florida, Inc |Internet:mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com
Orlando, Florida|Voice:407-366-0060|Compuserve:71326,31 Prodigy: JSNP58A

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (08/23/90)

In <4043@crash.cts.com> mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com (Mike Ungerman) writes:

[stuff deleted]

>An Apple Users' Group will have lots of public domain and shareware disks at
>low prices.  Also, get Incider and Nibble magazines from your local newstand
>and you will see lots of inexpensive software available for sale.  Especially
>those listed in Nibble.

>Good luck!

FORGET about suggesting Nibble Magazine.. Watch for a "big" announcement
from them within the next 30-60 days. Picking up current issue on news-stand
would be ok, but hold off on sending any subscription money until you
read/hear their announcement. Then be your own judge.

--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

jetzer@studsys.mu.edu (Mike Jetzer) (08/25/90)

In article <1990Aug23.055945.21561@mthvax.cs.miami.edu> bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) writes:
>FORGET about suggesting Nibble Magazine.. Watch for a "big" announcement
>from them within the next 30-60 days. Picking up current issue on news-stand
>read/hear their announcement. Then be your own judge.

Would you care to elaborate, for those of us who have recently paid for
a 3-year subscription, and who are now just a slight bit paranoid?

--
Mike Jetzer
"And we'll have fun, fun, fun until Daddy takes the keyboard awa-ay..."

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (08/25/90)

In <770@studsys.mu.edu> jetzer@studsys.mu.edu (Mike Jetzer) writes:

>In article <1990Aug23.055945.21561@mthvax.cs.miami.edu> bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) writes:
>>FORGET about suggesting Nibble Magazine.. Watch for a "big" announcement
>>from them within the next 30-60 days. Picking up current issue on news-stand
>>would be ok, but hold off on sending any subscription money until you
>>read/hear their announcement. Then be your own judge.

>Would you care to elaborate, for those of us who have recently paid for
>a 3-year subscription, and who are now just a slight bit paranoid?

Fear not! They will send you something in return for your subscription,
however it might not be what you thought it would be based on past issues.

--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN