[comp.sys.apple2] America OnLine

jerryn@pro-europa.cts.com (Jerry Norris) (03/30/90)

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find something out about America Online.  I
supposedly
have an account with them (I've got the software), but I don't have my old
program which had all the information I needed on it; so I can't log on to
find
out if my account is still valid (though they keep on sending me literature
each month).  I can't even find a phone number in the literature to call them
and find out such information as my password, etc.

So what the question is; is whether there _is_ a number I can call, or if I'm
going to have to write to them.  Also, are they available via BITNET/Pro_line?

Thanks for the info.
jerryn@pro-europa.cts.com                    | "What do we do now?"
crash!pro-europa!jerryn                      | "I don't know, I'm making this
GEnie: Vermithrax                            |  up as I go along!"

aj0@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Eric Mulholland) (03/30/90)

In article <2004@crash.cts.com> jerryn@pro-europa.cts.com (Jerry Norris) writes:
>have an account with them (I've got the software), but I don't have my old
>program which had all the information I needed on it; so I can't log on to
>find out if my account is still valid.  I can't even find a phone number in
>the literature to call them and find out such information as my password.

    From the way the software works, you will need a fresh copy of the
software disk before you'll be able to log in again.  Hopefully you made
a copy of the disk when you got it and were using the copy.  If you don't
have a fresh orginal, you will have to wait while another one is mailed to
you.  The software will give you customer service's number whenever it has
problems.  The easiest way to get it is to turn off your modem and try
loggin on; it's bond to fail!  Then a screen pops up giving the number.
--
     ____
 Y_,_|[]|   Eric Mulholland

dowling@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil (Dowling) (08/31/90)

I'm considering signing up with America OnLine.  Could someone kindly
provide me with a phone number or address where they can be contacted?
Also, any additional information such as fees, sign-up procedure, and
relative value of the service provided would be greatly appreciated.
John Dowling
dowling@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil