[comp.sys.apple2] Bad boot code...

avery@netcom.UUCP (Avery Colter) (08/30/90)

Last week I discovered and remedied a problem on one of my disks.

It was causing the machine to crash right after the title screen on
every single warm boot after booting that particular disk.

Twas a very strange occurrance, and it seemed to be something quite
independant of the PRODOS system file itself.

Very strange that the boot code would alter the warm-boot reset vector
this way....

--
Avery Ray Colter    Internet: avery@netcom.uucp   | {apple|claris}!netcom!avery
     o/~ Mama, mama, mama, keep those skinny girls at home,

coxr@ecn.purdue.edu (Richard L Cox) (08/31/90)

>Article 3731 of comp.sys.apple2:
>From: avery@netcom.UUCP (Avery Colter)
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2
>Subject: Bad boot code...
>Date: 30 Aug 90 09:08:21 GMT

>Last week I discovered and remedied a problem on one of my disks.
>
>It was causing the machine to crash right after the title screen on
>every single warm boot after booting that particular disk.
>
>Twas a very strange occurrance, and it seemed to be something quite
>independant of the PRODOS system file itself.
>
>Very strange that the boot code would alter the warm-boot reset vector
>this way....

What was the problem and what was the cure?  I have had simialar
problems and might have the same problem.

Thanks,

coxr@en.ecn.purdue.edu    American Online: Rich Kid
"And the kids they dance, they shake their bones" -GD

peace,

-Rich

avery@netcom.UUCP (Avery Colter) (09/04/90)

coxr@ecn.purdue.edu (Richard L Cox) writes:

>What was the problem and what was the cure?  I have had simialar
>problems and might have the same problem.

I didn't go bug-chasing; I just formatted a new disk and did a file-by-file
transfer of all the files on the original.