[comp.sys.apple2] uudecode for the IIgs

cbdougla@uokmax.uucp (Collin Broad Douglas) (09/06/90)

In article <27917@nuchat.UUCP> paul@nuchat.UUCP (Paul Hutmacher) writes:
>Recently I've received some source code that was a unix shell archive.  I've
>been informed I need something called uudecode to convert this back into
>readable source.
>
>I've searched AO and GEnie's libraries to no avail.  Can anyone tell me if
>this is available for the IIgs?  Thanks!
>

>--
>paul@nuchat.UUCP
>{uhnix1, uunet}!nuchat!paul
>paul%nuchat.uucp@uhnix1.uh.edu

   I would have mailed this to you but my mailer couldn't find you.

  uudecode is a unix application.  If you have the file on a unix system,
just type uudecode <filename>.  If you don't have a unix system, you could
email me the file and I'll uudecode it for you and then send you a
binscii version (along with binscii if you don't have it).

       Collin Douglas

cbdougla@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu

bkahn@dg-rtp.dg.com (Bruce Kahn) (09/07/90)

writes:
|> >Recently I've received some source code that was a unix shell
archive.  I've
|> >been informed I need something called uudecode to convert this back
into
|> >readable source.
|> >

|>   uudecode is a unix application.  If you have the file on a unix
system,
|> just type uudecode <filename>.  If you don't have a unix system, you
could
|> email me the file and I'll uudecode it for you and then send you a
|> binscii version (along with binscii if you don't have it).

  There is also an Apple (under APW or Orca) version available.  It was
posted
a while back (or I just found it in an archive).  Perhaps someone would
be
so nice as to repost it to c.b.a2 (not that large source wise so porting
copy from the local c.s.u should be fairly easy).  If I remember
tonight, Ill
bring it from home and post it tomorrow or Monday.

--
                                            Bruce
(bkahn@archive.rtp.dg.com or

  Standard disclaimers apply, except where prohibited by law...

paul@nuchat.UUCP (Paul Hutmacher) (09/07/90)

In article <1990Sep6.003657.9571@uokmax.uucp> cbdougla@uokmax.uucp (Collin Broad Douglas) writes:
|   I would have mailed this to you but my mailer couldn't find you.

Here I am!

|  uudecode is a unix application.  If you have the file on a unix system,

I found a copy that runs from the Orca shell on a local BBS and have since
canceled my article requesting uudecode.  However, it looks like the article
made it to a few thousand sites prior to cancelation.

Thanks for all the replies received.

--

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (09/08/90)

paul@nuchat.UUCP (Paul Hutmacher) writes:

>I found a copy that runs from the Orca shell on a local BBS and have since
>canceled my article requesting uudecode.  However, it looks like the article
>made it to a few thousand sites prior to cancelation.

Post that sucker to comp.sources.apple2 (when they get the @!!$^&*! archive
format figured out). I want it!

(Better, and faster, just mail it to me.)

Thanks in advance

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu