[comp.sys.apple2] 3200 Bit color

tim.c@pro-freedom.cts.com (Tim Craven) (09/04/90)

Are there any good public domain programs that take advantage of the 3200
bit color I have been recently reading about.  I understand the color is great
on these graphics.

Tim

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) (09/08/90)

That's 3200 colors and not 3200 bit color.  3200 bit color would be overkill
and impossible to attain.  The 3200 color images are quite nice but until
there is a paint package and other utils to manipulate these images, they will
be just a passing fancy.  Seems to me that the same technique could be used on
a Hi-res screen thusly producing more colors.  I imagine that with correct
dithering techniques, the Hi-res images would look pretty good.

-- Bob
______ Pro-Graphics BBS  `It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!' ________

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!bobl         |         Pro-Graphics: 908/469-0049
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil      |       America Online: Graphics3d
Internet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com       |           CompuServe: RIP
          Raven Enterprises  25 Raven Avenue  Piscataway, NJ 08854

scottr@gnh-applesauce.cts.com (Scott Rothstein) (09/10/90)

The only 3200 p.d. stuff I've seen are pics being circulated, a viewer, and a
gif utility (don't know much about it).
scottr@applesauce.bb.ny