[comp.sys.apple2] Tiff file at tybalt

ccrovac@yogi.ucdavis.edu (Paul Hirose) (09/12/90)

I recently ftp'd and dl'd to my GS a file called TIFF.BSQ from
tybalt.caltech.edu's ftp server.  The file is in /pub/apple2/graphics.
I was wondering if there is a TIFF file viewer for the GS.  That was
what I thought I had downloaded...to my disappointment after Binscii'ing
it and unShrinking it.  If there is a tiff viewer for the GS in teh
shareware/public domain/whatever...could someone either put it on
comp.binaries.apple2, or ftp it to one of the varios apple2 ftp sites
please.

Also...in order to prevent such a thing happening again for me (spending
almost 1 hour at 2400 baud, using kermit to dl the thing to my system),
I'd like to find a version of ShrinkIt for Unix.  I have SCIIBIN, which
will unBinscii the thing on my Unix.  I'd like to be able to unShrink
ShrinkIt303 files...so I can find out what exactly I'm dl'ing.

If anyone can tell me what that program is called, and where I can get
it (ie: some ftp-sever) I'd appreciate a note in my mailbox.

Thank you for any help in advance.
Paul Hirose
pthirose@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu

  Internet   pthirose@ucdavis.edu     : Violence is the last refuge of
  UUCP       ucdavis!pthirose         : the incompetent: ISAAC ASIMOV
  Alternate  ccrovac@deneb.ucdavis.edu:--------------------------------------
  GENIE      P.HIROSE1                : Disclaimer: Hmmmmmm....think of one

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (09/12/90)

In article <7911@aggie.ucdavis.edu> pthirose@ucdavis.edu (Paul Hirose) writes:
>I recently ftp'd and dl'd to my GS a file called TIFF.BSQ from
>tybalt.caltech.edu's ftp server.  The file is in /pub/apple2/graphics.
>I was wondering if there is a TIFF file viewer for the GS.  That was
>what I thought I had downloaded...to my disappointment after Binscii'ing
>it and unShrinking it.  If there is a tiff viewer for the GS in teh
>shareware/public domain/whatever...could someone either put it on
>comp.binaries.apple2, or ftp it to one of the varios apple2 ftp sites
>please.

Nope, to the best of my knowledge there isn't one YET. That file was
put there for me so that I could add TIFF support to GIF 3200. (I need
sample files to test it with, and that's what's in the archive.) I'm
sure someone will ask me this, so I'll put it here to lengthen the artic
so I can post it. :) I haven't thslightest when TIFF support will be added
to GIF 3200 (soon to be renamed Bad Luck Convert, I think). You see, this
thing cald school is eating up gobs and gobs of my time. :( I'm going to be
releasing GIF 3200 v0.20 'soon', but when after thaI add TIFF support
(or IFF, or whatever else I can think of) is anyone's gues I DO plan
on doing it, though, so fear not--it's coming! :)

Jonah Stich
jonah@amos.ucsd.edu