[comp.sys.apple2] AE is NOT dying

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (09/17/90)

In article <33A68439EF7FC00463@albnyvms.BITNET> AG0514@ALBNYVMS.BITNET (AppleEnthusiast) writes:
>I also have a Cartridge drive with my GS and DMA SCSI.  But I have to
>say that I thought it would work,  with my non-DMA ram card.  Well I sent
>back the RAM card to AE 3 weeks ago and I still have not got the
>upgraded card back.  If the rumors I hear are correct, that AE is going the
>way of Applied Inginuity, ...

   WHOA PEOPLE!  I don't remember who exactly it was that started this rumor
(it was a CSA2'er), but don't believe it!  There is absolutely NO indication
that Applied Engineering is going out of business.  The originator of this rumor
stated that he had had a Transwarp on backorder for an extraordinary amount of
time (6 months?), but we finally decided that it was the particular mail order
house at fault and *NOT* Applied Engineering.
   AE never has had terribly good support.  They've been somewhat slow to return
things in my experience and what I've heard.  This does NOT bode ill for the
company, just that they need to shape up their customer support some.
   It was my civic duty to nip this one in the bud.
   If you MUST reply to this message, do so via EMail.  When placed in a public
forum, folly becomes conjecture becomes rumor becomes the truth!

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
Senior/Computer Engineering | their dark sunglasses at night. (unk. wierdo)