[comp.sys.apple2] IIgs dead battery

asd@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Kareth) (09/14/90)

Well, my battery just up and died.  Or at least I'm pretty sure it did.
All control panel settings are gone when I turn the machine off and on
anymore.  This couldn't be a different problem?  I wish there was a way
to check the battery via the control panel or something.  Ahwell.  I
remember reading about replacement option that meant clipping the leads,
and putting a AA (?) battery holder on it.  Where might I get one of
these beasts?  And does it keep better time than the old battery?  The
internal clock for mine seemed notorious for getting ahead, and not just
a few seconds, but MANY minutes.  Or is that a problem with a keep
internal clock?

Thanks in advance!

mail to: asd@cc.purdue.edu

-k

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (09/17/90)

Kareth,
 If you have the money (approx $90), just by an Applied Engineering
replacement power supply.

tomk@pro-sol.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (09/20/90)

I don't have a gs, but from what I have heard at user's groups that I have
attended $90.00 is WAY WAY too high for a replacement battery.