[comp.sys.apple2] New Apple IIgs add!!

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (09/15/90)

Has anyone else noticed the Apple IIgs displayed in the new, primetime add?!
There are several scenes of students using IIgs's at school. Oh wait, come
to think of it it's a McDonald's add.... :)

[Note: The add really does exist. Is the one that ends with the mother asking
her kid how his day was and looking up to realize that a) he's asleep and
therefore b) she just wasted $3.00 on his happy meal. One of the things that
tired him out was his use of a GS at school.]

Jonah

ps. Oh ya, PLEASE don't follow this up with a bunch of 'the II is dead' posts.
If you want to discuss that, fine, but please don't use my subject line.
This was intended to be a funny/trivia post....

AG0514@ALBNYVMS.BITNET (AppleEnthusiast) (09/16/90)

Do you mean the one where the GS is flashed up on the screen for about 1/10th
of a second?

m.tiernan@pro-angmar.UUCP (Michael Tiernan) (09/17/90)

How about  the Mac ad where two woman are talking about their boss getting and
using one and one woman says to the other "Well... my kids use Apple in
school..." Uh oh.

<< MCT >>

GEnie       : M.Tiernan
AppleLinkPE : M Tiernan or BCS Mike
Internet    : pro-angmar!m.tiernan@alphalpha.com
UUCP        : ...!uunet!alphalpha!pro-angmar!m.tiernan

"God isn't dead, he's only missing in action."
                                             - Phil Ochs

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (09/20/90)

In article <12673@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) writes:
>Has anyone else noticed the Apple IIgs displayed in the new, primetime add?!
>There are several scenes of students using IIgs's at school. Oh wait, come
>to think of it it's a McDonald's add.... :)

Note that the GS was running //e software. (I think it was because of the quality
of the graphics.)  I think that means something . . .
Sorta like at my jr. high school a few years back.  The kids liked to use the
GS cause the //e's did not have color monitors and the teacher said. . ."Are
you going to use the color computer" (When referring to the GS)_ he had about 2-3
GS softwares, all else was COPYPROTECTED //e software. (I say copy-protected to show
that how ancient it was)

He didn't teach the GS softwares in the classes.  And he got super serial cards
so he could have the type of printer cables used on the //e. is it RS232?

--
Sameer Parekh           |  Disclaimer: I do not work for anyone.
zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM      |  "If cartoons were meant for adults

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (09/20/90)

I said he had 23 GS softwares.  I meant to say 2-3.
Sorry.

--

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (09/20/90)

>I said he had 23 GS softwares.

I think the plural of software is just software (no "s")... sorry, that just
bugged me :)

|  This is your brain...             |  BITNET-- mquinn@utcvm        |
|  This is your brain on drugs...    |  pro-line:                    |
|  This is your brain on whole wheat.|    mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |