[comp.sys.apple2] Bouncing Bluster GS question

lwv27@CAS.BITNET (09/17/90)

Does anyone know what version of BB this is?  I have a version from
the beginning of the yr, and would rather not take the time
to download
the same program again.

Folks, putting version info in the subject line makes life much easier on us -
as does putting the machine requirement on it.
--
Larry W. Virden
Business: UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27  INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu

bird@cbnewsd.att.com (j.l.walters) (09/18/90)

From article <9009171033.AA29894@lilac.berkeley.edu>, by lwv27@CAS.BITNET:
> Does anyone know what version of BB this is?

Good enough question, however, I would like to address an earlier
question, "has anyone got this darn thing to work?" If so, please
tell us dummies how to do it. I've downloaded it twice on the
asumption that there was some sort of weird problem with the
first, however, both copies act the same:

1. I select the sys16 file from the finder
2. There is much moaning and groaning from the disk drive
3. Eventually, the drive stops and I'm back at my original finder
   screen.

Does all this come about because I don't have some crucial tool on
my HD?

Also, there was a not that disks 2 & 3 would come the next
day. Disk two has shown up here while disk 3 has not.

Any help appreciated.

--

				Joe Walters att!ihlpf!bird
				IH 2A-227 (708) 979-9527

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (09/20/90)

In article <1990Sep17.233758.7014@cbnewsd.att.com> bird@cbnewsd.att.com (j.l.walters) writes:

>Good enough question, however, I would like to address an earlier
>question, "has anyone got this darn thing to work?" If so, please
>tell us dummies how to do it. I've downloaded it twice on the
>asumption that there was some sort of weird problem with the
>first, however, both copies act the same:
>
>1. I select the sys16 file from the finder
>2. There is much moaning and groaning from the disk drive
>3. Eventually, the drive stops and I'm back at my original finder
>   screen.

Um, I think the diisk is self booting. I'm almost positive that it requires
System Disk 4.0 to run, but I also have a feeling that it's a self booting
disk, which means you a) don't have to have two systems installed on your
HD but b) miss out on fast loading from the HD. Anyway, I'm basically rambling
as the news server doesn't like posting messages where there is only a small
amount of new text. All I really wanted to say is try booting the disk by
itself and see if that helps....

Jonah