[comp.sys.apple2] Twilight

dragon@pawl.rpi.edu (Dragon) (09/19/90)

Recently, I tried to download a copy of Twilight to my apple.  I used
  Binscii to turn it back into a .shk file, which worked just fine.  However,
  when I tried to use ShrinkIt, it complained that it could not open a
  forked file.  I'm using ShrinkIt 3.0.3.  Do I need a newer version, or
  is there some other problem?

Thanks in advance...

       -D.

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (09/20/90)

In article <~6G%S%$@rpi.edu> dragon@pawl.rpi.edu (Dragon) writes:
>Recently, I tried to download a copy of Twilight to my apple.  I used
>  Binscii to turn it back into a .shk file, which worked just fine.  However,
>  when I tried to use ShrinkIt, it complained that it could not open a
>  forked file.  I'm using ShrinkIt 3.0.3.  Do I need a newer version, or
>  is there some other problem?
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>       -D.

Twilight not only HAS a resource fork, it IS a resource fork. That means
that you'll need ShrinkIt GS to unpack it, as ShrinkIt 3.0.x can't handle
forked files....

Jonah
jonah@amos.ucsd.edu

shatara@islnds.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (09/22/90)

In article <~6G%S%$@rpi.edu>, dragon@pawl.rpi.edu (Dragon) writes...
>Recently, I tried to download a copy of Twilight to my apple.  I used
>  Binscii to turn it back into a .shk file, which worked just fine.  However,
>  when I tried to use ShrinkIt, it complained that it could not open a
>  forked file.  I'm using ShrinkIt 3.0.3.  Do I need a newer version, or
>  is there some other problem?

You need Shrinkit-GS as this is full of resource Forks.

/chris

|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@islnds.enet.dec.com|
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: islnds::shatara            |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!islnds!shatara  |