[comp.sys.apple2] Mr. Apple

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (09/24/90)

In article <1990Sep23.133103.7558@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Vernon Williams) writes:
>I have not had the problems with Twilight that you mention. In fact, it didn't
>blank the screen for me after I first got it. What I did was to remove or
>deactivate all of my other DA's and then reboot. It started working after that.

   Ack!  This is hardly a solution... I've noticed that my favorite DA,
"Mr. Apple", causes more problems than just about any other.  It killed
Twilight, it kills SHRconvert... But I can't get rid of it 'cuase it's
so CUTE...  Perhaps we need a "spinning globe" sort of thing, as the main
problem with Mr. Apple is it's palette switching.

>-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
>Vernon Lamont Williams             |  "All dogcows go to heaven"
[rest of sig rm'd]

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
Senior/Computer Engineering | their dark sunglasses at night. (unk. wierdo)
                            |                             (B O'Cult)

vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Vernon Williams) (09/24/90)

In article <1990Sep23.183242.912@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
(Desdinova) writes:
[My message about removing DA's removed]

>   Ack!  This is hardly a solution... I've noticed that my favorite DA,
>"Mr. Apple", causes more problems than just about any other.  It killed
>Twilight, it kills SHRconvert... But I can't get rid of it 'cuase it's
>so CUTE...  Perhaps we need a "spinning globe" sort of thing, as the main
>problem with Mr. Apple is it's palette switching.
>
>--
>Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
[rest of sig removed]

Actually it seems that whenever I use any graphics programs it stops working.
It was working fine earlier today and I added the writeit! DA and ran a
cheap paint and whammo no more blanking. In my case it seems to have
something to do with the CDEV realizing that it's time to blank. If I
choose "Blank Now" from the control panel it blanks, but if I just wait
for Twilight to kick in by itself it doesn't.

Oy!

Vernon Lamont Williams             |  "All dogcows go to heaven"
Library of Business and Economics  +-------------------------------------------
Room 130 Uris Hall                 | Internet:       vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu