[comp.sys.apple2] Prodos Error

macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca (Robert MacAusland) (07/22/90)

Does anyone know what ProDos error 3C refers to?

--
/* Robert MacAusland -> macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca */

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (07/22/90)

In <90Jul22.004203edt.57561@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca> macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca (Robert MacAusland) writes:

>Does anyone know what ProDos error 3C refers to?

If that code is in GSOS I think it is in the area reserved for device
driver error messages, and if it was in Prodos 8, I have no idea of it's
meaning.

--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (07/23/90)

In article <90Jul22.004203edt.57561@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca> macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca (Robert MacAusland) writes:
>Does anyone know what ProDos error 3C refers to?
>
>--
>/* Robert MacAusland -> macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca */

There is no such beast.  In what context did you get this message?
The program you were running may have been in error if it implied
that a ProDOS 8 MLI call returned that error code.  (Some not-too-
well-tested error-handling code may have messed up the A register
doing some other operation and then printed the A-reg value as an
error code, for example.)

--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II Developer Technical Support      |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.

rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) (07/24/90)

> Does anyone know what ProDos error 3C refers to?

ProDOS Error $30-$3F are device driver specific errors.  What disk drive were
you working with when it occurred?   Usually it occurs on a Smartport Control
call or Status call.

Would it by any chance be with Apple Access II?  Those errors have popped up
before with it.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!rond
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!rond@nosc.mil
INET: rond@pro-grouch.cts.com

v097pba8@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Ken F Morton) (09/23/90)

	Can anyone tell me what a Fatal Prodos error #0027 means?  Thanks alot.

		Ken

vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Vernon Williams) (09/23/90)

In article <37194@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v097pba8@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu
writes:

>	Can anyone tell me what a Fatal Prodos error #0027 means?  Thanks alot.
>
>		Ken

Beneath Apple ProDOS lists error $27 (I think that SHOULD be hexadecimal --
with a "$" in front -- not decimal as you have written it) as an I/O error.

When is this error occurring?
-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Vernon Lamont Williams             |  "All dogcows go to heaven"
Library of Business and Economics  +-------------------------------------------
Room 130 Uris Hall                 | Internet:       vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu

jefft@gnh-applesauce.cts.com (Jeff Tarr Jr.) (09/24/90)

$0027 means I/O Error.
 |   Jeff Tarr Jr.                    |        AppleSauce BBS       |
 |   INET: jefft@gnh-applesauce       |        (212) 721-4122       |
 |   America Online: Klorn            |      ** II Infinitum! **    |