[comp.sys.apple2] Twilight Problems

ghost@bucsf.bu.edu (Jay Adelson) (09/23/90)

Has anyone had any problems with Twilight?

I know that from time to time, it will crash after it blinks into the
screen blank mode more than once...

Also, has anyone had any experiences of a "Twilight Module" (i.e. Universe)
not allowing you back (reacting to mouse movements etc) and just locking
into "Twilight" mode?

  - Jay (ghost@bucsf.bu.edu)
[   Jay Adelson          ]                   [   T.G.C.                       ]
[   ghost@bucsf.bu.edu   ]                   [   1039 Commonwealth Ave. #18   ]
[   J.ADELSON1 (GEnie)   ]                   [   Boston, MA. 02215-1008       ]

UD182050@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Mike Aos) (09/23/90)

In article <GHOST.90Sep22191558@bucsf.bu.edu>, ghost@bucsf.bu.edu (Jay Adelson) says:

>Has anyone had any problems with Twilight?
>
>I know that from time to time, it will crash after it blinks into the
>screen blank mode more than once...
>
>Also, has anyone had any experiences of a "Twilight Module" (i.e. Universe)
>not allowing you back (reacting to mouse movements etc) and just locking
>into "Twilight" mode?
>
>  - Jay (ghost@bucsf.bu.edu)
>--
>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>[   Jay Adelson          ]                   [   T.G.C.                       ]
>[   ghost@bucsf.bu.edu   ]                   [   1039 Commonwealth Ave. #18   ]
>[   J.ADELSON1 (GEnie)   ]                   [   Boston, MA. 02215-1008       ]
No, I havn't noticed either of those, but I have seen Universe leave the
background color black (kinda annoying but not a big deal otherwise).  A trip
to the CDA menu fixes that.
-------
Mike Aos
East Grand Forks, MN (yeah, it's COLD up here)

UD182050@NDSUVM1 (.Bitnet?)        "Share and Enjoy"
UD182050@VM1.NoDak.Edu                    -Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
                    Apple IIgs and soon a Unix box.
I work for Pioneer Peat (no, it's NOT a Wild-West show).

vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Vernon Williams) (09/23/90)

I have not had the problems with Twilight that you mention. In fact, it didn't
blank the screen for me after I first got it. What I did was to remove or
deactivate all of my other DA's and then reboot. It started working after that.

You might want to try that, especially if like me you leave your machine on for
great lengths of time.

-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Vernon Lamont Williams             |  "All dogcows go to heaven"
Library of Business and Economics  +-------------------------------------------
Room 130 Uris Hall                 | Internet:       vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu

HB03932@SWTEXAS.BITNET (09/24/90)

>I downloaded Twilight from c.b.a and it sciibin'd fine.  Then I used
>Shrinkit GS and it said 'damaged' at the end of the unarchiving it said
>there was a CRC error and the data was damaged.  All the files are there and
>have been unSHK'ed.  I haven' run the program yet, however.
>
>--
>Sameer Parekh  :-)      |  "Censorship is the worst crime ever commited"
>zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM      |      -Sameer Parekh
>Censors should be shot, |  "If cartoons were meant for adults they'd be shown
> hung, and quartered!   |   on prime time" --Lisa Simpson

        Well, I downloaded Shrinkit GS from a local BBS and tried to
        use it on Twilight, but I could not get Shrinkit to recognize
        any file names.  I could get info, sort, delete, etc. the files
        in the archive, but would give me an error when extracting
        the files, i.e. there were no file names to match the archived
        files...
        Any help would be appreciated.

Harold J. Bruce
Computer Resource Director - Health Professions
Southwest Texas State University
San Marcos, Texas 78666  (512)245-2532
Bitnet        -> BITNET%"HB03932@SWTEXAS      VMS  -> SWT::HB03932
America Online-> FIZBAN4                      GENie-> H.BRUCE2

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (09/26/90)

I've never had any of the problems you mention regarding Twilight, particulary
Universe...which is the one I use all the time. If there is a problem with
Twilight that you can repeated reproduce, write to Jonah Stich (the author)
here on the net. His Internet address is:

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu

He is a really great guy (given me tips on programming).