[comp.sys.apple2] ProSel-16

max@maxsun.lgc.com (Max Heffler) (08/08/90)

Is prosel-16 shareware, and if so, can someone tell me or post a
site than I can anonymous ftp it.
Thanx in advance...
--
Max Heffler			internet: max@lgc.com
Landmark Graphics Corp.		uucp: ..!uunet!lgc!max

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (08/08/90)

In <1990Aug7.211457.24473@lgc.com> max@maxsun.lgc.com (Max Heffler) writes:

>Is prosel-16 shareware, and if so, can someone tell me or post a
>site than I can anonymous ftp it.
>Thanx in advance...
>--
>Max Heffler			internet: max@lgc.com
>Landmark Graphics Corp.		uucp: ..!uunet!lgc!max
>333 Cypress Run, Suite 100      phone: (713) 579-4751
>Houston, Texas  77094

NO, ProSel 16 is NOT Shareware..

--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (09/18/90)

> Can anyone post the update files (the files required to update an
> original copy) for ProSel-16? I currently have ProSel-16 8.48 and have
> seen mention of version 8.54. I live in Australia, and so don't have
> access to America On-line, CompuServe or Genie. If they could be put up
> in ShrinkIt and Binscii format it would make it much easier to get it
> back down. Thanks in advance.

Actually, we can't.  Glen specificly has requested that we not post
ProSel to the internet.  Quality control: same reason that Apple doesn't
post their System Software.  The files that go up on CompuServe, etc.
are directly from Glen and are not released to the masses until verified.

Now, if we could only get Glen on the internet.  After all,
he does live in Princeton, NJ.  It's not like there's no net access
there.

> George B. Zamroz, University of Wollongong
> Masters Student (Computer Science)
> Internet: g8247032@cs.uow.edu.au

    Todd A. Bakal                                All snappy sayings aside,
    U of M Apple User's Group                    !Index will be updated
    Ann Arbor, Michigan                          ASAP or my name's not...

    Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu            FTP: ummts.cc.umich.edu
              Tab@terminator.cc.umich.edu             35.1.1.43   (PC5:)
    UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal      BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) (09/18/90)

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU writes:
> Actually, we can't.  Glen specificly has requested that we not post
> ProSel to the internet.  Quality control: same reason that Apple doesn't
> post their System Software.  The files that go up on CompuServe, etc.
> are directly from Glen and are not released to the masses until verified.
>
> Now, if we could only get Glen on the internet.  After all,
> he does live in Princeton, NJ.  It's not like there's no net access
> there.

  We can get him on the internet.  He's on CI$.  Mail can be sent
between the two.  All we'd need him to to is binscii the update files
and mail them directly to comp.binaries.apple2.  It's that simple.
Now, does someone want to try to convince him?

>     Todd A. Bakal                                All snappy sayings aside,
>     U of M Apple User's Group                    !Index will be updated
>     Ann Arbor, Michigan                          ASAP or my name's not...
>
>     Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu            FTP: ummts.cc.umich.edu
>               Tab@terminator.cc.umich.edu             35.1.1.43   (PC5:)
>     UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal      BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB

		-Greg T.

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (09/26/90)

In <YaxXLFu00WAx85eosg@andrew.cmu.edu> gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:

>Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU writes:
>> Actually, we can't.  Glen specificly has requested that we not post
>> ProSel to the internet.  Quality control: same reason that Apple doesn't
>> post their System Software.  The files that go up on CompuServe, etc.
>> are directly from Glen and are not released to the masses until verified.
>>
>> Now, if we could only get Glen on the internet.  After all,
>> he does live in Princeton, NJ.  It's not like there's no net access
>> there.

Glen is employed at Rutgers Unversity, and DOES have an account on one of
their Unix systems. However the last time I fingered his account
at bredon@gauss.rutgers.edu, I found that he has not logged on since
May of last year.. It seesm to me that Glen does not want to be on the
internet..

--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN