[comp.sys.apple2] New goodies for GS

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (09/11/90)

Here are the latest visions from my crystal ball as it shines in the
bright Florida sunlight..

The laser drivers that Bill Hineman (sp?) is working on for Vitesse
seem to be running a little behind schedule, and target date for release
is now October 15th.

Sometime in November the GS will have available the first in a series of
"rescaleable fonts" on disk. The first set should have about 16 fonts on
it. There will also be an optionable scaleable fonts editor program.
These will work in conjunction with the above mentioned drivers. Thus
the need for buying Postscript will not be there, meaning you can purchase
the lower end laser printers. The best part of this is that all of the
above products will retail in the $35-$50 range..

Vitesse is the company that will bring these products to us, and I would
like to cast my vote of support to them for their help in making the GS
reach new heights in useability. My $$$ await the release of these
products...

By the way, I am in no way connected with Vitesse or the above mentioned
products, but rather just a happy GS user.. :-)

--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) (09/12/90)

>The laser drivers that Bill Hineman (sp?) is working on for Vitesse
>seem to be running a little behind schedule, and target date for release
>is now October 15th.

Bill Heineman causing delays on a printer project!  Such events are truly
unheard of from an individual as dependable and trustworthy as Bill...(dripping
sarcasm in case no one noticed...)

Harry

adamr@pro-novapple.cts.com (Adam Robey) (09/14/90)

I will be getting a hard drive in the near future for my Apple IIGS. If I was
already planning to buy ProSEL 16 and since I am an experienced user, is there
any advantage to buying the Vitesse utilities?
-AMR
| PROLINE: pro-novapple!adamr             | UUCP: crash!pro-novapple!adamr    |
| ARPA: crash!pro-novapple!adamr@nosc.mil | INET: adamr@pro-novapple.cts.com  |

jefft@gnh-applesauce.cts.com (Jeff Tarr Jr.) (09/19/90)

ProSel's utilities are far superior than anything on the market.  I highly
suggest them over anything.
 |                                    |                             |
 |   Jeff Tarr Jr.                    |        AppleSauce BBS       |
 |   INET: jefft@gnh-applesauce       |        (212) 721-4122       |
 |   America Online: Klorn            |      ** II Infinitum! **    |
 |____________________________________|_____________________________|

lhaider@pro-beagle.cts.com (Laer Haider) (09/27/90)

Advantages to buying Vitesse?  Not really, they're kinda buggy, very small,
and limited utilities.  Salvation has a cleaner easier interface the ProSel
16's Backup/Restore, but has some bugs that bring the program to it's knees
(like trying to restore without the backup disk in the drive causes a
program crash).  ProSel 16 has so many utilities that it is well worth the
asking price (~$60).  I've been a fan for over 2 years, and although I think a
few thinks can use a facelift (like Backup/Restore), I don't think you could
get a better deal on any computer system (including PC Tools Deluxe, which I
use on my IBM compat.).  I say, get ProSel.
--
                                                                      /