[comp.sys.apple2] Sider ][ GS/OS Driver

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (09/27/90)

I've been looking around for this mystic piece of software.
First Class told me Glen Bredon had it.
Glen said "Uh uh".
"Try Bob Consante", Glen said.

Illinois Bell doesn't know a Bob Consante.

So, if anyone has it- let me know.  I'd like to acquire this, as
this drive be-side me (boo!) could stand to be faster, and I primarily use
GS/OS.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
Senior/Computer Engineering | their dark sunglasses at night. (unk. wierdo)
                            |                             (B O'Cult)
   Apple II Forever!  Apple II Infinitum!  Give me Woz or Give me Amiga!

In article <1990Sep27.032114.15692@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) writes:
>I've been looking around for this mystic piece of software.
>First Class told me Glen Bredon had it.
>Glen said "Uh uh".
>"Try Bob Consante", Glen said.
>
>Illinois Bell doesn't know a Bob Consante.
>
>So, if anyone has it- let me know.  I'd like to acquire this, as
>this drive be-side me (boo!) could stand to be faster, and I primarily use
>GS/OS.

I use the Sider loaded driver and noticed about a 2X speed increase.  It's
still not SCSI but it's nicer than the generated driver.

Glen said "Bob CONSORTI".  Bob was with First Class for a while, and he can
always be reached through On Three, his Apple /// company.  Some Apple ///
user out there should have contact information.  Bob wrote the drivers for
FCP.

>Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
>Senior/Computer Engineering | their dark sunglasses at night. (unk. wierdo)
>jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu    |      The gin, the gin, glows in the Dark!
>                            |                             (B O'Cult)

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."