[comp.sys.apple2] Ingenuity

rb5q+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rafael L. Benzan, Jr.) (09/15/90)

   I ordered the new 48 meg SCSI Over drive from them about 2 months ago.
They promised to send it in around 3 weeks. Well after about 4 weeks
their 1-800 number and regular California number stopped working.  I am
wondering if this company buckled under.  There were no new ads from 'em
in this months issue of InCider.  I called InCider up and they said that
they sent a sales rep over to see why they didn't advertise this month
and their 'offices' were empty.  Have they moved? Gone bankrupt? What?
    Any information would be most appreciated! Also any suggestions on
solving this matter would be helpful.  Thanks a lot..

	- Rafael (rb5q@andrew.cmu.edu)

jeffh@HyperMail.apple.com (Jeff Holcomb) (09/26/90)

In article <wawM75C00WBK83KahI@andrew.cmu.edu> rb5q+@andrew.cmu.edu
(Rafael L. Benzan, Jr.) writes:
>    I ordered the new 48 meg SCSI Over drive from them about 2 months
ago.
> They promised to send it in around 3 weeks. Well after about 4 weeks
> their 1-800 number and regular California number stopped working.  I am
> wondering if this company buckled under.  There were no new ads from 'em
> in this months issue of InCider.  I called InCider up and they said that
> they sent a sales rep over to see why they didn't advertise this month
> and their 'offices' were empty.  Have they moved? Gone bankrupt? What?

Ingenuity has indeed gone out of business.  The last I heard, the founder,
David Westbrook, is now in Japan.  This information came from somebody on
GEnie.

Jeff Holcomb                          Internet: jeffh@HyperMail.apple.com
                                      GEnie:    Jeff.H
Contracting for Apple ATG             Voice:    (408) 974-0841

         "My opinions are not necessarily those of Apple.  :-P"

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (09/28/90)

>Also any suggestions on solving this matter would be helpful.

CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND CANCEL THAT ORDER OR CANCEL THAT CHECK NOW!!
Applied Ingenuity has gone belly up and THEY knew it was comimg, so they got
as many orders as possible with so called, 'great deals', cashed everything in
and split!  A couple of months ago I was shopping around for a hard drive for
my GS.  I called Ingenuity and when I told the guy I was just shopping around,
he said, well, if you buy today, I'll sell it to you for $150 off!  How 'bout
a memory card for half price?  So I ordered the drive.  The next day I found
an Ehman drive I decided I'd rather have.  I called Ingenuity back and canceled
my order.  A month later, the bill was still on the credit card and I had heard
rumors that the same thing had happened to several other people.

|  This is your brain...             |  BITNET-- mquinn@utcvm        |
|  This is your brain on drugs...    |  pro-line:                    |
|  This is your brain on whole wheat.|    mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |