[comp.sys.apple2] Amiga AMAX

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) (09/28/90)

> They don't emulate AppleTalk though.. At least not the one I
> saw... I believe it was AMACS (AMAX??) and was fully done in software, thus
> I guess that means it had pirated MAC ROMs.. whoops

Actually, they do.  The new AMAX II Plus (catchy name eh?) is a
hardware/software solution and the hardware comes with 2 standard Mac serial
ports and Appletalk ports.  From the literature, it's supposed to be totally
compatible with Mac ports and Appletalk.  You can now read/write Mac disks on
standard Amiga drives (as the literature states).

-- Bob
______ Pro-Graphics BBS  `It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!' ________

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!bobl         |         Pro-Graphics: 908/469-0049
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil      |       America Online: Graphics3d
Internet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com       |           CompuServe: RIP
          Raven Enterprises  25 Raven Avenue  Piscataway, NJ 08854