[comp.sys.apple2] ProDOSification

In article <15800143@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cs122cg@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> run by Mark Pelczarski, who wrote the Graphics Magician.  I don't know if
>Polarware still exists or not.  I doubt that they do, because most, if not
>all, of their support came from the Apple II.  I used to have this program
>and it was in Dos 3.3, but should run under Pro-Dos 8.

	Someone recently sent me info on how to make the file version of
Olympic Decathlon to work in ProDOS.  It's cool how everyone either makes
minor patches or sometimes major patches to bring these old cool games
to ProDOS!

	Off on another subject, could someone tell me how to get to the
secret level on Marble Madness GS??  I knew there was one in the arcades
(but didn't/don't know how to get to it). I had guessed there wasn't the
secret level on the GS version since the files on disk correspond to the
regular levels.. Someone told me the secret level exists though.. If someone
could tell me how to get to the secret level I'd be grateful.

--
/pqbdpqbdpqbd   Apple II(GS) Forever!    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu   dbqpdbqpdbqp\
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

ericm@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Eric Mulholland) (09/28/90)

In article <7285@darkstar.ucsc.edu> unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:
>Olympic Decathlon to work in ProDOS.  It's cool how everyone either makes
>minor patches or sometimes major patches to bring these old cool games
>to ProDOS!

It's nice being able to put these programs on a hard drive.  After getting
a hard drive, I see why people don't like to touch regular disks again.
I have Lode Runer as a prodos 8 SYS file and BIN files containing level
disks.  The program also replaced that slow circle between levels with a
quick wipe and responds to lower case letters.  Lode Runner is my favorite
oldie I bought.

>	Off on another subject, could someone tell me how to get to the
>secret level on Marble Madness GS??  I knew there was one in the arcades

It exists in the GS version.  To get to it, go to the skinny zig zag
track at the end of the first level and jump over onto the platform on
the left side.  Center youself with the middle zig zag track and go as
far left as you can.  When the timer hits about 14 seconds an elevator
will take you to the water maze.
--
     ____
 Y_,_|[]|   Eric Mulholland

max@lgc.com (Max Heffler) (09/28/90)

In article <7285@darkstar.ucsc.edu> unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:
>	Someone recently sent me info on how to make the file version of
>Olympic Decathlon to work in ProDOS.  It's cool how everyone either makes
>minor patches or sometimes major patches to bring these old cool games
>to ProDOS!

Could you post these instuctions (or Email them to me)
Thanx in advance...
--
Max Heffler			internet: max@lgc.com
Landmark Graphics Corp.		uucp: ..!uunet!lgc!max