[comp.sys.apple2] GS+ delivery problems

daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey) (09/24/90)

> Find an alternate means, eh?  Shall I drive it to your doorstep personally?
> Sorry to sound so obnoxious, but what can you do after you drop the bundle
> off at the post office?  The answer is nothing.  If the PO decides to not
> deliver some copies, what can I do?  It's true that some people *still*
> haven't received a copy of the last issue, but if they write in or call
> another copy will be sent out.  I'm not exactly sure of the details for
> sending out copies to those who were unfortunate enough to be a victim of the
> post office, but please contact GS+ about it!  GS+ is, IMHO, the best
> Apple II magazine around... but I may be a bit biased.  :-)

What you can do is send the magazine via a different class.  Right now it's
sent bulk.  what's wrong with 2nd or 3rd class?  The reply from the publisher
is:
"if it does not show up at your door by the time we get the next one out,
we'll send you a new copy."
Translate that to mean two months from now, since they publish every other
month.
I know there's a lot more work involved in sending something out 2nd class but
judging from some user group magazines that have been sent that way, it's
well worth the effort.

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv                    |
uucp: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv          |   Pro-novapple BBS
arpa: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil |  300/1200/2400/9600 Baud
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com           |    703-671-0416

Northern Virginia Apple Users Group               |
P.O. Box 8211, Falls Church, VA 22041             |

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (09/26/90)

>I know there's a lot more work involved in sending something out 2nd class
>but judging from user group magazines that have been sent out that way, it's
>well worth the effort.

Well, sending them out 2nd rate is no safer than bulk rate, as far as the post
office losing them.  They still all go out the door at the same time.  Also,
2nd rate costs alot more than bulk rate and would have to be added to the cost
of the magazine.  Would you expect A+/Incider to send 2nd class?  Do you think
they'd even consider it?

|                                    |                               |
|  This is your brain...             |  BITNET-- mquinn@utcvm        |
|  This is your brain on drugs...    |  pro-line:                    |
|  This is your brain on whole wheat.|    mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |
|____________________________________|_______________________________|

daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey) (09/28/90)

> of the magazine.  Would you expect A+/Incider to send 2nd class?  Do you think
> they'd even consider it?

I hate to tell you this, but A+/Incider is sent second class.  I guess it's
been a while since you've looked closely at an issue of the magazine.
"Second class postage paid at Peterborough, NH, and additional mailing
offices"
After all, second class postage was originated for magazines and newspapers
and they're the largest user.  Judging by one magazine I receive that switched
from bulk to 2nd class delivery times did improve quite a bit.