[comp.sys.apple2] Crashing with a card in slot 5

stanp@pro-fishunt.cts.com (Stan Planton) (09/26/90)

HAving a controller in slot 7 can cause the Apple to kind of "go away" and
not boot into any slot, if the device attached to the controller isn't turned
on. Try doing a "Control Reset" then typing in PR#5 (Return) or IN#5 (Return)
to force a boot from slot #5.  If you get dumped into the monitor (asterisk
(*) prompt appears, type C500G (Return) to force the boot into slot #5.
Stan

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Hammer) (09/29/90)

... stanp@pro-fishunt.cts.com (Stan Planton) writes:
>HAving a controller in slot 7 can cause the Apple to kind of "go away" and
>not boot into any slot, if the device attached to the controller isn't turned
>on. Try doing a "Control Reset" then typing in PR#5 (Return) or IN#5 (Return)
>to force a boot from slot #5.  If you get dumped into the monitor (asterisk
>(*) prompt appears, type C500G (Return) to force the boot into slot #5.
>Stan

You can also use 5^P (read 5 Control-P) from the monitor, which is
easier to remember than C500G.

--
     \ \_\ \__   __/ /_/ /  "The Law:  No Jumping"