[comp.sys.apple2] Classic Games & many assorted topics

In article <4302@husc6.harvard.edu> ehsu@husc9.UUCP (Visual Editor) writes:
>It just goes to show that game design is more important than graphics.
>This is my main complaint about many games nowadays. The graphics are
>fancy, but Contra, Commando, Heavy Barrel, all those games are boring. If I
>want to destroy things mindlessly, I'll take vector-graphics based Tempest
>anyday.

	Do you mean the Apple versions or even arcade versions? I think
Heavy Barrel and Ikari Warriors were two of the better run-around-and-shoot-
people-and-get-neato-keen-weapons games.

	The Apple version of Heavy Barrel really STUNK. I can't believe
they gave it a good rating (at least I think it was an 'above average'
rating in A+/Incider)...  I wish they'd do a GS version of Heavy Barrel..
Gotta keep remembering to write to Data East to suggest making GS specific
games.. (heck, I think I've gotten into a letter-writing-mode.. I have written
to FOX for cancelling Alien Nation, Origin to make Ultima VI GS, and a
few other places)

	Also, in a store today I skimmed through the latest A+/Incider..
(mainly to see the Skulley (?) letter. Boy, what commitment!?!!?!! We'll make
you a Mac that emulates the Apple II (//e if rumors are correct))  Does anyone
know WHY they're reviewing AIRBALL this long after it came out??? It's been
out for at LEAST a year, hasn't it??

	By the way, does anyone know who makes Populus? I saw a few seconds
of it on Computer Chronicles the other night.. Could someone send me info on
who makes the game (address included) and a basic description of the game?

--
/pqbdpqbdpqbd   Apple II(GS) Forever!    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu   dbqpdbqpdbqp\
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/