[comp.sys.apple2] Tetris and my Apple //e

ehsu@husc9.harvard.edu (Visual Editor) (09/26/90)

Has anyone else had trouble getting Tetris 2 to work on their computer?
I have an enhanced //e and the recently posted Tetris 2 program will not
get past the opening screen with "Look at this smooth scroll" on it.

I tried the obvious keys. Am I missing something here?

Eric Hsu                           ehsu@husc4.Bitnet, ehsu@husc4.harvard.edu

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) (09/26/90)

I've had no problems with it whatsoever on my //c. It's a really
neat program, and it's about time that a good tetris has been
written for the apple II!

By the way, the game as distributed has the high score list full...
Since my scores were well under 1000 I got out a sector editor
and cleared it out. The important sector is track 3, sector 9.
The format is pretty easy to figure out. It's the name followed
by 3 bytes which represent the score - if the score is, say,
6550 the bytes will be $50 $65 $00 (there are I think 5 bytes
actually). I just reset all the scores to 0 :-)

groupk@uncmed.med.unc.edu (09/28/90)

Have also had problems with recent post of Tetris to binaries group.
Downloaded, binscii'ed, unshrank with no problem.  When booted, initial
display screen comes up (Tetris II, Joker software, watch this smooth
scroll etc) and then nothing happens.  Screen just stays there.  System:
128 K enhanced Apple //e.  Any suggestions from original poster?

Tim Cline / groupk@uncmed.med.unc.edu

CERCON63@SNYBUFVA.BITNET (KUJOE) (09/30/90)

   Umm.. I have a few questions for all of you season veterans out there.
I have BINSCII and I have SHRINKIT and I am looking for any games and
utilities that I can find for my apple ][e. Everywhere I go I can't seem
to find much for the apple ][e. A friend of mine that I met here on the
info list just sent me a listing of ftp sites with apple ][e stuff on them.
If anyone knows any other sites with some good stuff please let me know.
   Also I have found a few sites with apple .gif pictures. I was wondering
how can I get these things to be viewed on my ][e. Is there a program out
there that lets you view these things ? I haven't seen it yet so cold
someone steer me in the right direction or send me it so I can view them.
I would also greatly appreciate any help on this.
   Another thing is the subject of this... Tetris. About as close as I have
come to getting tetris is that game polyetris. Actually I feel lucky to
have gotten that. So could anyone tell me how I can get these files and
where I can find all these binaries that everyone is talking about on this
list ?

            Sorry about blasting you all with these questions but I
       could use some help on this stuff.
                     Thanks !
                - Joe

internet: IN%"cercon63@snybufva.bitnet"
bitnet  : BITNET%"cercon63@snybufva.bitnet"
decnet  : sbufva::cercon3

billy@pro-sol.cts.com (Billy Long) (10/01/90)

There's a program called IIGIF you can use to view GIFs and convert them to
Hi-res or Double-hi-res. It's available at:

Pro-Gateway
214-644-5113

It's probably available on lots of other BBSes, too.