[comp.sys.apple2] Twilight Question

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (09/23/90)

I downloaded Twilight from c.b.a and it sciibin'd fine.  Then I used
Shrinkit GS and it said 'damaged' at the end of the unarchiving it said
there was a CRC error and the data was damaged.  All the files are there and
have been unSHK'ed.  I haven' run the program yet, however.

--
Sameer Parekh  :-)      |  "Censorship is the worst crime ever commited"
zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM      |      -Sameer Parekh

max@lgc.com (Max Heffler) (09/23/90)

In article <1990Sep22.212041.18278@ddsw1.MCS.COM> zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) writes:
>I downloaded Twilight from c.b.a and it sciibin'd fine.  Then I used
>Shrinkit GS and it said 'damaged' at the end of the unarchiving it said
>there was a CRC error and the data was damaged.  All the files are there and
>have been unSHK'ed.  I haven' run the program yet, however.
>
>--
>Sameer Parekh  :-)      |  "Censorship is the worst crime ever commited"
>zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM      |      -Sameer Parekh
>Censors should be shot, |  "If cartoons were meant for adults they'd be shown
> hung, and quartered!   |   on prime time" --Lisa Simpson

When I investigated what file had the CRC error, it was only Finder.Data.
This should not be a problem, since these "turds" are dropped from the finder
every time you close the window...
--
Max Heffler			internet: max@lgc.com
Landmark Graphics Corp.		uucp: ..!uunet!lgc!max

UD182050@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Mike Aos) (09/23/90)

In article <1990Sep22.212041.18278@ddsw1.MCS.COM>, zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) says:

>I downloaded Twilight from c.b.a and it sciibin'd fine.  Then I used
>Shrinkit GS and it said 'damaged' at the end of the unarchiving it said
>there was a CRC error and the data was damaged.  All the files are there and
>have been unSHK'ed.  I haven' run the program yet, however.
>
>--
>Sameer Parekh  :-)      |  "Censorship is the worst crime ever commited"
>zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM      |      -Sameer Parekh
>Censors should be shot, |  "If cartoons were meant for adults they'd be shown
> hung, and quartered!   |   on prime time" --Lisa Simpson

BinSCII choked on my copy the first time, then went OK the second.  The archive
comes up as "damaged", but it's one of the last files and everything I've done
with it so far has been fine.
-------
Mike Aos
East Grand Forks, MN (yeah, it's COLD up here)

UD182050@NDSUVM1 (.Bitnet?)        "Share and Enjoy"
UD182050@VM1.NoDak.Edu                    -Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
                    Apple IIgs and soon a Unix box.
I work for Pioneer Peat (no, it's NOT a Wild-West show).

jm7e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeremy G. Mereness) (10/01/90)

I just downloaded twilight... a MUST for the Apple //gs owner...

Could a blanker be designed to resemble Flex on the Mac (a line
floating around the screen leaving aq trail behind it...)? It would
look really slick in color!! And... does this thing blank Prodos 8
screens, too? providing you booted with GS/OS?

###############   SKULL-ey is a RIOT!!!!!  ##############

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|Jeremy Mereness                 | Support    | Ye Olde Disclaimer:    |
|jm7e+@andrew.cmu.edu (internet) |   Free     |  The above represent my|
|a700jm7e@cmccvb (Vax... bitnet) |    Software|  opinions, alone.      |
|staff/student@Carnegie Mellon U.|            |  Ya Gotta Love It.     |

bbean@pro-grouch.cts.com (Bruce Bean) (10/02/90)

  Too bad Twilight crashes every SHR program I have run with it
            BBean

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!bbean
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!bbean@nosc.mil
INET: bbean@pro-grouch.cts.com