[comp.sys.apple2] develop

In article <4598.apple.net2@pro-grouch> bbean@pro-grouch.cts.com (Bruce Bean) writes:

>  How can I subscribe to _develop_ ?  It sounds like what I need, if you don't
>have to invest $2-300 dollars a year as an Associate Developer or some such.
> Bruce Bean

The easiest way for net folks to subscribe would be to compose a message with
your Visa or MasterCard (no American Express) number and expiration date, along
with your:

Full name
Company/School/Agency
Street or P.O. Address
City, State, Country, Zip Code
Daytime phone, home phone, AppleLink address (if any)

and mail it to DEV.SUBS@applelink.apple.com for processing.  There are
absolutely no cash or "bill me" orders, so if you don't have a credit
card, you need to send all the above information to:

develop
Apple Computer, Inc.
P.O. Box 531
Mt. Morris, IL  61054  USA

Or call 1-800-545-9364 in the USA or (815) 734-6309 from anywhere.  Or you can
FAX orders to (619) 738-4532.

Subscription is $30.00 per year in the USA or $50.00 per year for international
addresses.  All payments must be in US dollars.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."
> message with your Visa or MasterCard (no American Express)
> number and expiration date, along with your:
>
> Full name
> Company/School/Agency
> Street or P.O. Address
> City, State, Country, Zip Code
> Daytime phone, home phone, AppleLink address (if any)
>
> and mail it to DEV.SUBS@applelink.apple.com for processing.

Nooooooooo!!!

Network traffic is NOT secure.  Especially if you are on a system
administered by people you don't know.  It is NEVER a good idea to send
a credit card number over the net; you don't know who may read it and
use it.  If you want to subscribe to _develop_, use one of the other
methods mentioned.
-----------------
Jeffrey Hutzelman
America Online: JeffreyH11
Internet/BITNET:jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu, jhutz@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu

jschober@gnh-starport.cts.com (Joey Schober) (09/22/90)

mattd@Apple.COM (Matt Deatherage) writes:

>> >  How can I subscribe to _develop_ ? It sounds like what I need, if you
>> >don't have to invest $2-300 dollars a year as an Associate Developer or
>> >some such.
>> > Bruce Bean
>> >
>> The easiest way for net folks to subscribe would be to compose a message
>> with your Visa or MasterCard (no American Express) number and expiration
>> date, along with your:

Easiest, yes, but probably not most preferable.  One has to remember that the
InterNet is a public network, and the possibility quite exists for messages
routing through the network to be trapped by someone.  If I had a credit card
(which I don't), I'd be MOST hesitant to send out its number/exp. date to a net
where any smart hacker could get at it.

Just a thought.

     Joseph F. Schober, Sysop, StarPort BBS [703/931-0947 - 3/12/2400 baud]

ProLine.: jschober@gnh-starport                          ======================
UUCP....: crash!gnh-starport!jschober                    Amer-Online:  JSchober
InterNet: jschober@gnh-starport.cts.com                  CompuServe: 72727,2765
ARPA....: crash!gnh-starport!jschober@nosc.mil           ======================

bbean@pro-grouch.cts.com (Bruce Bean) (10/02/90)

  I'm sorry, I've been out of town for a week and Imissed the post from Dave
Could someone give the US Snail address and price or phone # for _develop_?
                                    Thanks'
                                           BBEAN@PRO-GROUCH

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!bbean
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!bbean@nosc.mil