[comp.sys.apple2] Marble Madness

bb0@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Bowie Bailey) (09/29/90)

I followed the instructions posted on how to get to the secret level in
Marble Madness.  It worked except for a slight problem that I can't figure out.
I jump over, go to the left and wait.  At about 14 I get the message "Taking
you to the Water Maze"(or something like that).  The elevator starts to go down
and, all of a sudden, the whisk broom appears, and I get the message "You're
history".  What is going on here?  Do I need to move in a certain direction
when it starts down, or what?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bowie   |   bb0@beach.cis.ufl.edu

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (09/30/90)

>and, all of a sudden, the whisk broom appears, and I get the message "You're
>history".  What is going on here?  Do I need to move in a certain direction
>when it starts down, or what?

You have to keep the marble prefectly still while it's going down.  If you
touch the walls while going down, it kills you.

|                                    |                               |
|  This is your brain...             |  BITNET-- mquinn@utcvm        |
|  This is your brain on drugs...    |  pro-line:                    |
|  This is your brain on whole wheat.|    mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |
|____________________________________|_______________________________|

ericm@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Eric Mulholland) (10/02/90)

In article <24632@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> bb0@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
)I followed the instructions posted on how to get to the secret level in
)Marble Madness.  It worked except for a slight problem that I can't figure out.
)I jump over, go to the left and wait.  At about 14 I get the message "Taking
)you to the Water Maze"(or something like that).  The elevator starts to go down
)and, all of a sudden, the whisk broom appears, and I get the message "You're
)history".  What is going on here?  Do I need to move in a certain direction
)when it starts down, or what?

You need to be on the elevator when it goes down.  When the timer finally
hits 0, then you are taken to the water level.
--
     ____
 Y_,_|[]|   Eric Mulholland