[comp.sys.apple2] Rescue Raiders for Mac

V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU ("George A. Piotrowski Jr.") (10/03/90)

I sent this message last week, but did not see any reply.  I don't know
whether it was that nobody replied or the problem that our mail system
had problems over the weekend.

I know this may not be the best place to post it, but I remember seeing
others who read this list who were talking about this program.  So here
it goes:

On 22 Sep 90 07:09:26 GMT you said:

>In article <90Sep20.184036edt.57412@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca>
> macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca (Robert MacAusland) writes:
>>What was Rescue Raiders anyway?  I don't ever remember seeing the
>>][e version...
>
>    Rescue Raiders is/was probably one of the BEST games ever
>for the // (pre GS) series.. Actually it is one of the best games
>for the // series period, including the GS..  Hopefully Rescue Raiders
>GS (with AppleTalk support and other improvements included in the Mac
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                        ^^^
>version) will be even better!
 ^^^^^^^

I have only heard dribs and drabs about Rescue Raiders Mac, but what is the
deal about Appletalk support?  Can 2 players play head to head over the
network.  That is one of the bests things about Netrek.  Does it work over
modem or only Network?  Is it only 2 players? (I pretty much assume this,
but thought I would ask anyway since Netrek allows up to 5 players!)

Also, does the game play in color on the Mac II?  This would be great!
Any other details about would be great!

Thanks in advance,

George A. Piotrowski, Coordinator     CREN/Bitnet: V2071A@TEMPLEVM
Educational Computing Center             Internet: v2071a@vm.temple.edu
Temple University                  America Online: GaPio
Philadelphia, PA 19122                 Compu$erve: 74046,1304
(215) 787-6228                              Genie: G.PIOTROWSKI

Doc Brown: Obviously, the Time Continuum has been disrupted creating this
New Temporal Event Sequence resulting in this Alternate Reality!
Acknowledge-To: <V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU>

ulmer@plains.NoDak.edu (Saltine Cracker) (10/03/90)

In article <9010030402.AA25518@apple.com> V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU ("George A. Piotrowski Jr.") writes:
>I sent this message last week, but did not see any reply.  I don't know
>whether it was that nobody replied or the problem that our mail system
>had problems over the weekend.
                                         ^ Maybe because its a Mac post?

>I know this may not be the best place to post it

Exactly.

>>>What was Rescue Raiders anyway?  I don't ever remember seeing the
>>>][e version...

[Stuff removed..]

>>> Hopefully Rescue Raiders
>>GS (with AppleTalk support and other improvements included in the Mac
>          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                        ^^^
>>version) will be even better!
> ^^^^^^^

Yeah so, what's the point?

>I have only heard dribs and drabs about Rescue Raiders Mac, but what is the
>deal about Appletalk support?  Can 2 players play head to head over the
>modem or only Network?  Is it only 2 players? (I pretty much assume this,
>but thought I would ask anyway since Netrek allows up to 5 players!)

Boy, I better run out and get a Mac so I can play!!!

>Also, does the game play in color on the Mac II?  This would be great!
>Any other details about would be great!

Good to know those Macs are being used to their fullest potential. You know
being a Mac owner you've been given the power!

Where as I being a ][ owner, have been given the shaft.

>George A. Piotrowski, Coordinator     CREN/Bitnet: V2071A@TEMPLEVM
>Educational Computing Center             Internet: v2071

Yes, I'm a jerk. But in these days someone has got to be.

Oh and yes, I have 4 apples (]['s and Mac Pluses) And I hate the macs.