[comp.sys.apple2] vendors branching out

legler@MASIG2.OCEAN.FSU.EDU (David M. Legler) (10/04/90)

In case you didn't know it (I didn't at least):

Roger Coats is now selling soft/hardware for Amigas (was primarily an Apple II
    vendor)

Preferred Computing (another Apple II vendor/AE dealer) is now advertising
    in Mac magazines)

According to Bernard Gifford, Apple vice president for education "We are
    actively and aggressively exploring IIGS emulation" in reference to
    a proposed IIe emulation card for the Macintosh (in MacWEEK 10.02.90)

This is not a flame,bitch,gripe or otherwise.  I am not spreading
gloom and doom tales either.  Just a friendly note of interest.

--

Mr. David M. Legler           ||(904)644-1159 or 644-4581
Mesoscale Air-Sea Interaction ||Bitnet legler%masig1.ocean.fsu.edu@cunyvm

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (10/04/90)

In <9010031908.AA20535@masig2.ocean.fsu.edu> legler@MASIG2.OCEAN.FSU.EDU (David M. Legler) writes:

>In case you didn't know it (I didn't at least):

>Roger Coats is now selling soft/hardware for Amigas (was primarily an Apple II
>    vendor)

>Preferred Computing (another Apple II vendor/AE dealer) is now advertising
>    in Mac magazines)

>According to Bernard Gifford, Apple vice president for education "We are
>    actively and aggressively exploring IIGS emulation" in reference to
>    a proposed IIe emulation card for the Macintosh (in MacWEEK 10.02.90)

>This is not a flame,bitch,gripe or otherwise.  I am not spreading
>gloom and doom tales either.  Just a friendly note of interest.

Add to that the item printed in the October issue of the Scarlett Newsletter
from the Big Red Computer Club, that starting with the January 1991 issue
Insider magazine will no longer be the "Apple II Magazine", but rather
"The Apple Magazine" with coverage of ALL machines made by Apple..

   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN