[comp.sys.apple2] GSSauce card by Harris Labs

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) (10/06/90)

  I've got a question for all of you GSSauce owners.  I just mailed
away the check for an unpopulated GSSauce card, and I'm wondering what
speed SIMMs I should get for it.  Should I go for 80ns, or blow an
extra $7/SIMM and get 70ns ones?  Assuming I get a transwarp or a zip,
or some kind of accellerator in the future, would it help to have the
70's?  Would the card choke on the 70's (I'd kinda doubt it, but I
might as well ask)?  Will the card take 4 meg SIMMs?

  Please respond via mail so as not to clog up the net.  My address
is:

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu

  Thanks in advance...

		-Greg T.

philip@utstat.uucp (Philip McDunnough) (10/06/90)

In article <8b3EXXi00Vo90VUFwE@andrew.cmu.edu> gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:

>  I've got a question for all of you GSSauce owners.  I just mailed
>away the check for an unpopulated GSSauce card, and I'm wondering what
>speed SIMMs I should get for it.

I have the Harris card on a ROM03( this is the GS Sauce). I used 80 ns
one meg SIMMS. 70/80ns should be more than enough! Any of the
accelerators now out use caching in any case.

The board takes up to 4 megs of RAM(using 1 meg SIMMS) or up to 1 meg if
you use 256k SIMMS. It's a really nice product. Make sure you get LOW
PROFILE SIMMS as the SIMMS come rather close to any board you might have
in slot 7. I don't know why the SIMMS point inwards. I would say that was
my only complaint.

Philip McDunnough
University of Toronto-> philip@utstat.toronto.edu
[my opinions]

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (10/07/90)

On Fri, 5 Oct 90 22:27:47 GMT Gregory Ross Thompson said:

>  Please respond via mail so as not to clog up the net.  My address
>is:

Go ahead and post here.  I'd like to know too, and I bet others would like
to know.  Also, Is the OctoRAM still being made?  Where can I get it?

|  This is your brain...             |  BITNET-- mquinn@utcvm        |
|  This is your brain on drugs...    |  pro-line:                    |
|  This is your brain on whole wheat.|    mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |