[comp.sys.apple2] Bitching at apple

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (09/30/90)

Ya know, there is SO much complaining about how apple doesn't like the suers,
how apple is trying to kill the machine, how apple isn't trying to kill the
machine, etc, etc, that I am getting sick of it.  Maybe we should have another
newsgroup called comp.sys.apple2.bitch or comp.bitch.apple2. . .

It may be a good idea. . .

--
Sameer Parekh  :-)      |  "Censorship is the worst crime ever commited"
zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM      |      -Sameer Parekh

rhyde@ucrmath.ucr.edu (randy hyde) (09/30/90)

>> Maybe we should have another newgroup called comp.sys.apple2.bitch....

Maybe we should have a couple of additional newsgroups.  One for //c & //e
users, one for //gs users, and one for games players.  I'm sorry, but slugging
through 50 messages every day is a bit much.  Especially if you wait a couple
of days between reading this stuff.
*** Randy Hyde O-)

lang@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Raymond Lang) (09/30/90)

In article <8976@ucrmath.ucr.edu> rhyde@ucrmath.ucr.edu (randy hyde) writes:
>>> Maybe we should have another newgroup called comp.sys.apple2.bitch....
>
>Maybe we should have a couple of additional newsgroups.  One for //c & //e
>users, one for //gs users, and one for games players.  I'm sorry, but slugging
>through 50 messages every day is a bit much.  Especially if you wait a couple
>of days between reading this stuff.
>*** Randy Hyde O-)

I also agree that some sort of division of this newsgroup would be
appropriate. The traffic is getting kind of heavy. Then again, maybe
just sticking to the topic would help, e.g., the Amiga vrs. Mac thread...

Ray
lang@rex.cs.tulane.edu

eej07047@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (10/01/90)

/* Written 12:00 am  Sep 30, 1990 by rhyde@ucrmath.ucr.edu in uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.apple2 */
>> Maybe we should have another newgroup called comp.sys.apple2.bitch....

Maybe we should have a couple of additional newsgroups.  One for //c & //e
users, one for //gs users, and one for games players.  I'm sorry, but slugging
through 50 messages every day is a bit much.  Especially if you wait a couple
of days between reading this stuff.
*** Randy Hyde O-)
/* End of text from uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.apple2 */

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (10/01/90)

>Ya know, there is SO much complaining about how apple doesn't like the suers,
>how apple is trying to kill the machine, how apple isn't trying to kill the
>machine, etc, etc, that I am getting sick of it.  Maybe we should have another
>newsgroup called comp.sys.apple2.bitch or comp.bitch.apple2. . .
>
>It may be a good idea. . .
>
>--
>Sameer Parekh  :-)      |  "Censorship is the worst crime ever commited"
>zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM      |      -Sameer Parekh
>Censors should be shot, |  "If cartoons were meant for adults they'd be shown
> hung, and quartered!   |   on prime time" --Lisa Simpson

  Amen. Sameer is right, sometimes you guys make me sick... :| Lets talk about
something positive, we have heard the negative stuff enough, give it a break.
Have you guys noticed that Matt & Dave don't talk much anymore, I think they
have run off. I liked it better when they were here, but I guess they got tired
of hearing all the bitching. I know I would.

Robert
Real: Robert Brown                      * Profanity is the one language all
Academic Computing Services Lab Manager * programmers know best.
Bitnet: RXBROWN@UALR                    * I speak for me, myself, and I!!
AOL: ROBPHD                             * Tires and tax not included,void where
Apple //GS the power to be your best.   * prohibited. Member FDIC..............

billy@pro-sol.cts.com (Billy Long) (10/01/90)

I agree. Splitting this into several different topics would be *great*. If I'm
only on once a day, I have 70+ new messages to go through in this conference
alone!

paul@nuchat.UUCP (Paul Hutmacher) (10/02/90)

In article <139800032@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> eej07047@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> I'm sorry, but slugging through 50 messages every day is a bit much.

That's what KILL files are for.
--
paul@nuchat.UUCP
{uhnix1, uunet}!nuchat!paul

garym@pro-fishunt.cts.com (Gary McClain) (10/03/90)

I am very much in favor of an Apple II+, IIE and IIC/IIC+ group. Out of 50
post to this news group MAYBE 3-5 messages are on or about the 8-bit twos. The
rest are IIGS, bitching/arguing, Apples trying to kill us/let's kill Apple,
didja hear about the new II they ain't gonna make...............

How about a technical news group on 8-bit Apple IIs!! Wow! That would be
different huh?
-------
 ProLine: garym@pro-fishunt
Internet: garym@pro-fishunt.cts.com
    UUCP: crash!pro-fishunt!garym

lexter@pro-abilink.cts.com (Sam Robertson) (10/04/90)

This is in regard to the 50 messages a day!

If you remember it was more like 100 a day back when!  Now, people have moved
on to bigger and better things (Macs, Amigas, (oh no) PC's)

Sam
Sam Robertson                                        Pro-Abilink 300/1200/2400
1357 Santos                                                   Sysop (Saw)
Abilene, Texas 79605                                         (915)673-6856
(915)673-4145

Proline:  Lexter@Pro-Abilink         INET: Lexter@Pro-Abilink.cts.com
UUCP:     Crash!pro-abilink!lexter   ARPA: Crash!pro-abilink!lexter@nosc.mil
               BitNet:  Lexter%pro-abilink.cts.com@nosc.mil
                  "You don't have to HIDEAWAY!" -Erasure

rhyde@ucrmath.ucr.edu (randy hyde) (10/04/90)

The next time "How to start a newsgroup" mail comes around I'll look into
starting some new newsgroups.  If anyone out there knows the procedure,
would you be interested in passing the info along?

billy@pro-sol.cts.com (Billy Long) (10/07/90)

It would be *great* to have an 8-bit II group, a GS group, and then another
group for Mac/II wars, non-support complaints, etc. I'm getting tired of
wading through all these negative messages.

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) (10/07/90)

In article <4849@crash.cts.com>, billy@pro-sol.cts.com (Billy Long) writes:

> It would be *great* to have an 8-bit II group, a GS group, and then another
> group for Mac/II wars, non-support complaints, etc. I'm getting tired of
> wading through all these negative messages.

I'm afraid I agree this time around. How about an unofficial "census" of
how many eight bit // users would like to branch off. Send a note to me and
I'll post a count. I'd like to find out two things. One, how many 8 bit
users we have and two, how many would like to have a separate newsgroup.
Maybe we could name it comp.sys.got-*our*-moneys-worth.

bob church
bchurch.oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu