[comp.sys.apple2] lode runner levels

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) (10/04/90)

With all this talk about old favorite games, and since Lode Runner was
a VERY popular game in its day, I thought maybe people out there had
created their own levels for the game and would like to trade some
home-made level disks. I made about 20 levels with varying degrees of
difficulty (the highest I don't think I even made, though I believe
it's possible). It's not too hard to use the editor to combine
disks of levels to insert someone else's level into your own,
is it? It's been a long time on that one :-)

stephens@latcs1.oz.au (Philip J Stephens) (10/07/90)

Andy Tefft writes:
> With all this talk about old favorite games, and since Lode Runner was
> a VERY popular game in its day, I thought maybe people out there had
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I still love this game!

> created their own levels for the game and would like to trade some
> home-made level disks. I made about 20 levels with varying degrees of
> difficulty (the highest I don't think I even made, though I believe
> it's possible). It's not too hard to use the editor to combine
> disks of levels to insert someone else's level into your own,
> is it? It's been a long time on that one :-)

  During the final weeks of Year 12 at High School, a friend and I
used to spent much of our time in the computer room designing Lode
Runner levels for each other.  Still passed HSC though :-)
  I have a disk of perhaps 50 levels (maybe not that many, but hey, I
haven't counted them in a while).  Some of them are DAMN HARD :-)  I
have one level that requires absolutely split-second timing from start
to finish; I'm very proud of that level, except that I can hardly ever
get through it myself :-)
  However, I'm not sure why I'm saying all this as my lode runner
data disk is not here at college, and being in Australia the postage
would be a bit much...(Still, Lode Runner is my all-time favorite
game, bar none).

<  Philip J. Stephens                ><   "Many views yield the truth."        >
<  Hons. student, Computer Science   ><   "Therefore, be not alone."           >
<  La Trobe University, Melbourne    ><   - Prime Song of the viggies, from    >
<  AUSTRALIA                         ><   THE ENGIMA SCORE by Sheri S Tepper   >