[comp.sys.apple2] Amiga vs. Macintosh

SAB121@psuvm.psu.edu (10/07/90)

OK, OK, OK, This has gone far enough! Let's admit it, both of these are great
machines. However, has anyone noticed what machines these are??? Has anyone
also noticed the name of this newsgroup?????? Could it be that we are here to
have serious discussions about APPLE II's????????? Maybe we could like MOVE
these discussions elsewhere? I cannot do KILL files here (on braindead CMS),
and it is a PAIN IN MY LOWER EXTREMITIES TO HAVE TO SLOG THROUGH 18,000,000,000
messages debating the merits and flaws of 2 machines that are NOT Apple II's!
When it was Apple II vs. Mac, FINE! At least there is a II in there somewhere!
BAnd when it was Amiga vs. GS, Fine! Last I knew the IIGS was still a II (at
least for a little while longer!), so that was an appropraite (albiet not
very newsworthy) discussion for this newsgroup! But Amiga vs. Macintosh is NOT!

{Flame Off}

PS: Sorry about that folks, I guess I lost my cool a little, but come off it,
this is getting to be just a LITTLE ridiculous now, isn't it? The first few
posts were interesting and informative, but after the info has come across
the net 800 or 900 times, it is no longer news. After all, isn't this a
NEWSgroup?
| Salvatore A. Buttice | Bitnet: SAB121@PSUVM           \_ Preferred    |
| RD#1 Box 488         | InterNet: sab121@psuvm.psu.edu /  (It's Free!) |
| Espyville, PA 16424  | Cleveland FreeNet: aj670 \_ If the above does  |
|   Apple II ForEver!! | America Online: Sal15    /  not work for you!  |

rhyde@ucrmath.ucr.edu (randy hyde) (10/07/90)

>>> After all, isn't this a NEWSgroup...
Sure is.  And one that's too general at that.  If someone knows how to
start a new one we need one for //e-//c users, one for //gs users, and a
talk.apple2 group to handle most of the junk appearing herein.  I tried
to set up a trial group and got mail back complaining that this isn't
the appropriate way to split a group.  With no info on how to accomplish
what I wanted.  Anyone else want to try?
*** Randy Hyde O-)

In article <9093@ucrmath.ucr.edu> rhyde@ucrmath.ucr.edu (randy hyde) writes:
>Sure is.  And one that's too general at that.  If someone knows how to
>start a new one we need one for //e-//c users, one for //gs users, and a
>talk.apple2 group to handle most of the junk appearing herein.  I tried
>to set up a trial group and got mail back complaining that this isn't
>the appropriate way to split a group.  With no info on how to accomplish
>what I wanted.  Anyone else want to try?
>*** Randy Hyde O-)

How about if we beam all the messages with subjects similiar to the this into
talk.religion.computers, and see if the volume drops enough that a separate
8-bit and 16-bit group are still necessary.