[comp.sys.apple2] ADPA

dat33228@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Derek A. Taubert) (10/04/90)

  The last address and phone numb er for ADPA that I have are:

Apple Programmer's and Developers Association
290 SW 43rd Street
Renton, WA  98055

(206) 251-6548

But the phone company tells me that that number is no longer in service.
Can anyone give me the new number and address, as I wish to join.

thanx..

+                                                                             +
+ Derek Taubert --> derek@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu  ||  dat33228@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu +
+ Anyone who programs or has an idea for a program for the IIgs, send me mail +
+                                                                             +

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (10/04/90)

APDA moved from TechAlliance to Apple a few years ago.  Try sending stuff to
20525 Mariani Ave., Cupertino, CA  95014.  I don't know of a phone number,
though.

BTW, I personally wouldn't bother with APDA.  The whole time I maintained an
APDA membership I got nothing but useless Mac info.  It isn't worth it for an
Apple II developer to join or stay in APDA, IMHO.  Your membership won't get
you anything that you can't get just as easily here on the net, through your
local BBSes, or from other sources such as _A2-Central_.

Scott Alfter
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu
GEnie:    S.ALFTER

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (10/04/90)

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) writes:

>APDA moved from TechAlliance to Apple a few years ago.  Try sending stuff to
>20525 Mariani Ave., Cupertino, CA  95014.  I don't know of a phone number,
>though.

1-800-282-2732.

>BTW, I personally wouldn't bother with APDA.  The whole time I maintained an
>APDA membership I got nothing but useless Mac info.  It isn't worth it for an
>Apple II developer to join or stay in APDA, IMHO.  Your membership won't get
>you anything that you can't get just as easily here on the net, through your
>local BBSes, or from other sources such as _A2-Central_.

Ah, but A2-Central can't send you:

beta copies of SCSI tape and scanner drivers
the GS/OS reference (ok, volume 1. but vol. 2 -- drivers -- is still beta.)
the AppleShare Programmer's guide for the Apple II family (beta)
the SCSI card technical references (both beta)
The video overlay card toolkit (except I probably can do more with the card
than Apple's tool can at this point...)

I'm essentially splitting the cost of a membership with one of my friends who
has a Mac SE. We both plan to order some stuff soon.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (10/05/90)

Does anybody remember the name of or the number for the service that Apple
was going to provide to non-APDA members?  It was a free service to allow
non-APDA members to buy completed versions of software and manuals (like
APW...)

I remember it being mentioned a few months ago, but never saw a number and
can't remember what it was called.

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
..!ucbvax!cory!fadden

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (10/05/90)

I guess it's a matter of what you need...

In article <1990Oct4.091924.6158@nntp-server.caltech.edu> toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:
>Ah, but A2-Central can't send you:
>
>beta copies of SCSI tape and scanner drivers
>the SCSI card technical references (both beta)

I don't have either of these.  (I don't even have a HD--yet.)

>the GS/OS reference (ok, volume 1. but vol. 2 -- drivers -- is still beta.)

I don't have a GS.

>the AppleShare Programmer's guide for the Apple II family (beta)

I don't have a LAN of any kind.

>The video overlay card toolkit (except I probably can do more with the card
>than Apple's tool can at this point...)

I don't have a VOC.

>I'm essentially splitting the cost of a membership with one of my friends who
>has a Mac SE. We both plan to order some stuff soon.

Well, if you need the stuff, fine, but APDA was $40 down the drain for me.

Scott Alfter                             _/_
                                        / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

rickf@Apple.COM (Rick Fleischman) (10/09/90)

In article <28492@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU writes:

>Does anybody remember the name of or the number for the service that Apple
>was going to provide to non-APDA members?  It was a free service to allow
>non-APDA members to buy completed versions of software and manuals (like
>APW...)
>
>I remember it being mentioned a few months ago, but never saw a number and
>can't remember what it was called.

The free service that allows non-APDA members to purchase all "Class 1" (final,
fully tested) APDA products is called "Developer Tools Express".

To purchase products through Developer Tools Express, you need only call the
usual APDA phone number.  If you are not an APDA member, and you wish to
purchase a Class 1 product, they will let you purchase it without paying the
$20 yearly fee.

You can reach APDA (or Developer Tools Express) at:
(800) 282-2732 (in the U.S.)
(800) 637-0029 (in Canada)
(408) 562-3910 (International)

or via e-mail at: APDA@applelink.apple.com