[comp.sys.apple2] Nucleus

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) (05/29/90)

  Do all you GSer's rememebr this incredible demo?  Well, I just got a
newer version of it that's supposed to run on the ROM 03 machines.  I
don't have one, so I'm not positive that it does or not, but it's
definitely different.  It loads up slower (I suppose their ROM 03
problem was in their disk read routines), and has a different screen
as it boots.  Everything else seems to be the exact same.

  The gist of this whole thing is:  If anyone out there wants it, send
me mail and I'll binscii it up and mail it to ya.  If there's a big
demand, I'll put it on comp.binaries.

		-Greg T.

cwilson@NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) (05/30/90)

In article <caMVeCm00WB40Kb19x@andrew.cmu.edu> gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:

>  Do all you GSer's rememebr this incredible demo?  Well, I just got a
>newer version of it that's supposed to run on the ROM 03 machines.  I

huh, that's been around since SF 'fest 89.  It's got AppleFest SF 89 on the
startup screen, or somesuch, I belive.  (been a while since I've booted it.)

It's a tad big for posting, though..  If there's demand I can put it
on wuarchive & people can ftp it..

--Chan
    Chan Wilson -- cwilson@nisc.sri.com <!> I don't speak for SRI.
Janitor/Architect of comp.binaries.apple2 archive on wuarchive.wustl.edu
			      "a2fx it!"

bknight@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Phillip Mills) (05/31/90)

 Re: gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson)

>  Do all you GSer's rememebr this incredible demo?  Well, I just got a
> newer version of it that's supposed to run on the ROM 03 machines.  I
> don't have one, so I'm not positive that it does or not, but it's
> definitely different.  It loads up slower (I suppose their ROM 03
> problem was in their disk read routines), and has a different screen
> as it boots.  Everything else seems to be the exact same.

Well To be sure to be sure!

The Original Demo worked on my ROM 3 machine with no worries! But alas there
is a problem with it! If you have two disc drives it will access both so you
must have two copies of it in each drive - If you have one it will just keep
on ejecting the Twit! But I hope this new version works!

PS Does any one have a version of PHOTONIX that works on ROM 3????

I tried changing there code but it is really messy - They JSR's all over the
place and a lot of BNE's as well! They certainly know how to stuff up your
own hacking attempts!

See YA!

*                                               *                       *
*       Black Knight Productions                *       `   /           *
*       PO BOX 1585                             *        o.O            *
*       MacQuarie Centre                        *       \___/           *
*       North Ryde 2113                         *                       *
*       NSW AUSTRALIA                           *   Woof to All *:)     *
* This net: bknight@runxtsa.runx.oz.au          *                       *

RAFAEL@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Rafael Yu) (10/10/90)

   I while back (actually long ago) someone posted a version of Nucleus that
work on a Rom 03 machine.  Could that person or someone else post it back to
comp.binaries.apple2?

            Internet:  RAFAEL@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu
            America Online:  Veraguas

                    Apple //gs forever.....!!!