[comp.sys.apple2] Modulae Demo/real games

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (10/09/90)

Chun-Yao
 YES!! I really wish they (FTA) would turn their talents towards useful
programs. As you said, demos are nice, but enough is enough.

araftis@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Alex Raftis) (10/10/90)

In article <8748.apple.net@pro-angmar> kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) writes:

>Chun-Yao
> YES!! I really wish they (FTA) would turn their talents towards useful
>programs. As you said, demos are nice, but enough is enough.

Actually, if you read the opening page (This can take quite a awhile waiting
for all the text to circle about) they tell you what demos _and_ games they
have completed. The list is not extensive, but impressive.

                     Internet: araftis@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
               America Online: xela      (Real Life: Alex Raftis)

dragon@pawl.rpi.edu (Dragon) (10/10/90)

Where did everyone get a copy of Modulae?  Did I miss a posting of it?

             -D

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) (10/10/90)

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) writes:

> Chun-Yao
>  YES!! I really wish they (FTA) would turn their talents towards useful
> programs. As you said, demos are nice, but enough is enough.

  They are!  I talked to Oliver Goguel (SP?), and they are working on
a game.  A full-fledged game.  No more of this demo stuff.  He didn't
give me many details, but it's going to be something with cars in it.
That's all I really know.  I can't wait to see a "preview" of it.

		-Greg T.

cshum@tornado.Berkeley.EDU (Chung H. Shum) (10/10/90)

In article <Qb4eDGu00VpQAABkwF@andrew.cmu.edu> gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:
>kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) writes:
>
>  They are!  I talked to Oliver Goguel (SP?), and they are working on
>a game.  A full-fledged game.  No more of this demo stuff.  He didn't
>give me many details, but it's going to be something with cars in it.
>That's all I really know.  I can't wait to see a "preview" of it.
>
>		-Greg T.

You're not talking about Mini-Prix, are you?  I saw a beta of this and it
wasn't too impressive... not what you've come to expect from FTA.  It was
kind of like the old arcade game "Sprint" where you have a bird's eye view
of a racetrack and drive around and around...

Chung

opsy026@ucsck.UCSC.EDU (10007026) (10/11/90)

In article <Qb4eDGu00VpQAABkwF@andrew.cmu.edu> gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:
>kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) writes:
>>  YES!! I really wish they (FTA) would turn their talents towards useful
>> programs. As you said, demos are nice, but enough is enough.
>  They are!  I talked to Oliver Goguel (SP?), and they are working on
>a game.  A full-fledged game.  No more of this demo stuff.  He didn't
>give me many details, but it's going to be something with cars in it.
>That's all I really know.  I can't wait to see a "preview" of it.

	I very well may be wrong, but isn't that what MiniPrix is? I thought
MiniPrix was an FTA game and "has cars in it".. Maybe not...

	MiniPrix reminds me of the old Atari 2600 driving games... You
see a top view and drive around the screen. I forget for sure but I think
there's a magnified window of your car and a little of the track and another
portion of the screen that shows the whole track and where you are.

	It's kinda neat but only uses about 1/2 of the screen.

Hope they keep it up!

---
	unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu
	Apple II Forever!

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (10/12/90)

I got my Modulae demo from America Online...man what a huge download!

cc@xroads.UUCP (Dan McGuirk) (10/12/90)

In article <1990Oct10.064633.22008@agate.berkeley.edu>
<cshum@tornado.Berkeley.Edu> (Chung H. Shum) writes:
|You're not talking about Mini-Prix, are you?  I saw a beta of this and it
|wasn't too impressive... not what you've come to expect from FTA.  It was
|kind of like the old arcade game "Sprint" where you have a bird's eye view
|of a racetrack and drive around and around...

Anyone have any idea where I could get a copy of this game?  I love playing
Super Sprint in the arcade..
--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 /\   (602) 941-2005 300|1200 Baud 24 hrs/day