[comp.sys.apple2] Tech notes subscription

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (10/04/90)

Mark Steiger:
 You join APDA if you want to subscribe to the Tech notes and get them on a
regular basis. However, I notice in your addresses tag that you are on America
Online. All the most current Tech notes are on America Online in the Developer
Conference download section. You can just pick and choose which ones are of
relevance to you at the time.

penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) (10/11/90)

I joined APDA alittle while ago and should I be getting the Tech notes
automatically?

Thanks

Mark

     [ Mark Steiger, Sysop, The Igloo  218/262-3142     300/1200/2400 baud]

ProLine.:penguin@gnh-igloo                          America Online: Goalie5
UUCP....:crash!gnh-igloo!penguin                    MCI Mail......: MSteiger
Internet:penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com
ARPA....:crash!gnh-igloo!penguin@nosc.mil

rickf@Apple.COM (Rick Fleischman) (10/11/90)

In article <0093DF95863AFB80.00000110@dcs.simpact.com> penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) writes:
>I joined APDA alittle while ago and should I be getting the Tech notes
>automatically?

Actually, the Tech Notes are _orderable_ through APDA.  You don't get them
automatically when you become a member.  Becoming a member simply allows you
to order beta, or pre-relase APDA products, and gives you a subscription to
the quarterly APDAlog product catalog.  You can actually order Tech Notes
through Developer Tools Express without becoming an APDA member.

For more info on APDA (or to order Tech Notes) call:
(800) 282-2732 (in the U.S.)
(800) 637-0029 (in Canada)
(408) 562-3910 (International)

or via e-mail at: APDA@applelink.apple.com

Rick Fleischman
Developer Programs/APDA
Apple Computer, Inc.
e-mail: rickf@apple.com
AppleLink: FLEISCHMAN@applelink.apple.com

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (10/11/90)

In <0093DF95863AFB80.00000110@dcs.simpact.com> penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) writes:

>I joined APDA alittle while ago and should I be getting the Tech notes
>automatically?

>Thanks

>Mark

No, tech notes do not automatically come with membership. you have to
purchase them.

--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (10/12/90)

Mark,
 Nope, you must purchase the technotes from APDA. You are on AOL though, so
why not just download them?

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (10/12/90)

This won't help the original poster much, but if you have Internet access, you
can also do an anonymous FTP to apple.com and grab tech notes and filetype
notes that way.  Last time I checked, though (and this was just days ago), they
haven't updated the tech notes at the FTP site since January.  The current
release is available through other online sources (such as GEnie), but I don't
want to pay for GEnie connect time if I can avoid it. :-)

Scott Alfter                             _/_
                                        / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/