[comp.sys.apple2] Fax on GS

delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca ("H. Grant Delaney") (10/15/90)

Mabe their is a way.  Smart one have an What's new in BYTE for a 2400 baud 4800
Baud FAX modem that is called Smart One Traveler.  It supposidly takes ASCII,
PCX (?), TIFF (when will we ever get this for the GS) and IMG files and convert
them into a bitmap format. It works in background mode and can send faxes to
several destinations at $299 a little pricey but a possible option.  I'ld like
to know more.

rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (Robert Halloran) (10/15/90)

In article <116*delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca> delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca ("H. Grant Delaney") writes:
>Mabe their is a way.  Smart one have an What's new in BYTE for a 2400 baud 4800
>Baud FAX modem that is called Smart One Traveler.  It supposidly takes ASCII,
>PCX (?), TIFF (when will we ever get this for the GS) and IMG files and convert
>them into a bitmap format. It works in background mode and can send faxes to
>several destinations at $299 a little pricey but a possible option.  I'ld like
>to know more.

PCX is a PC paint program format.  I suspect this package is a modem plus
PC-DOS software to convert off your DOS machine (what else is there, right? :-<)
to a fax format, then pump it out the serial port to the provided modem.

						Bob Halloran
Internet: rkh@mtune.dptg.att.com		UUCP: att!mtune!rkh
Disclaimer: If you think AT&T would have ME as a spokesman, you're crazed.
Quote: "How do you know when a politician is lying?  His lips move."
	- M-m-max Headroom
       "Read my lips - no new taxes..."  - G. Bush, 1988